Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to denver co. area.. pros/cons?

syke-o
    We have been kicking around the idea of moving to the denver co. area and wanted to know if anyone on here has any personal experience with this area... i know the housing market is slow right now but iven if i lowball my current house price i will still be able to basically pay cash for a house there..
    the other part of the equation would be finding a job that pays decent, but i wouldnt need to make as much if i had little or no mortgage...
    thanks for any input anyone might have...

syke-o
    MY brother lives in fort collins,works for BUD,they like it,and a friend of mine just moved to colo/springs i think he's home sick for havzoo
    thats another dilemma.. is there any decent boating lakes in the area??

Jerrys59
    We have been kicking around the idea of moving to the denver co. area and wanted to know if anyone on here has any personal experience with this area... i know the housing market is slow right now but iven if i lowball my current house price i will still be able to basically pay cash for a house there..
    the other part of the equation would be finding a job that pays decent, but i wouldnt need to make as much if i had little or no mortgage...
    thanks for any input anyone might have...
    I lived there all my life untill I retired and moved to Havi. Winters are long,
    the rest of the seasons are great. I lived west of Denver close to the Coors Brewery up in the mountains. Plenty to do up there for sure. Don't know about the job market.

Jerrys59
    thats another dilemma.. is there any decent boating lakes in the area??
    Yup lots of lakes there

syke-o
    I lived there all my life untill I retired and moved to Havi. Winters are long,
    the rest of the seasons are great. I lived west of Denver close to the Coors Brewery up in the mountains. Plenty to do up there for sure. Don't know about the job market.
    i was lookin at the areas just south of denver, close enough to downtown so that i could still drive in if needed.. i just think it would be a better place than anaheim to raise my little ones...

Classic Daycruiser
    I drove through there this summer on vacation. Rush hour is that...1 hour. If you like camping in the mountians, fishing for trout, hunting elk, or skiing... it might be right for you. You'll need indoor boat starage, since the weather is always doing something.
    On the plus side, I don't think the gang activity is too bad in the public schools yet.

anxious
    Ill be honest. I just moved to Colorado Springs. I miss Orange County for only a few reasons.
    1. I MISS HAVASU!!
    2. I MISS GLAMIS
    3. I miss shorts, tshirts, and sandles all weekend
    4. And I miss the beach.
    PROS
    People are extremely nice. There is no traffic. I can afford a house. School systems are great. There is no traffic. It is extremely beautiful here and you acutally have 4 seasons and I breathe clean air. It is a perfect outdoors state.
    CONS
    The winter was a little long for me last year, especially living in OC my whole life. The roads suck like LA. There are pot holes and a lot of rocks on the road.

RitcheyRch
    I didnt think any roads could be as bad as they are here.
    Ill be honest. I just moved to Colorado Springs. I miss Orange County for only a few reasons.
    1. I MISS HAVASU!!
    2. I MISS GLAMIS
    3. I miss shorts, tshirts, and sandles all weekend
    4. And I miss the beach.
    PROS
    People are extremely nice. There is no traffic. I can afford a house. School systems are great. There is no traffic. It is extremely beautiful here and you acutally have 4 seasons and I breathe clean air. It is a perfect outdoors state.
    CONS
    The winter was a little long for me last year, especially living in OC my whole life. The roads suck like LA. There are pot holes and a lot of rocks on the road.

well i grew up in Denver and went to Horsetooth Lake by Fort Collins
    was great but u have about 4 months of boating and the damn water
    is cold and the streets suck there and the traffic and of course
    the reason i left
    SNOW

Jerrys59
    well i grew up in Denver and went to Horsetooth Lake by Fort Collins
    was great but u have about 4 months of boating and the damn water
    is cold and the streets suck there and the traffic and of course
    the reason i left
    SNOW i use to do horsetooth
    and carter lake when i lived there