Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to denver co. area.. pros/cons?

Zaairman
    i think their is 1,but lake of the osarks is a a days (long)drive i think
    It's a 14 hour drive from Denver, and not worth a single minute of it.

Tom Brown
    thanks for any input anyone might have...
    I'm not particularly familiar with the area but I suggest you try their egg sandwiches. They are delicious.

We have been kicking around the idea of moving to the denver co. area and wanted to know if anyone on here has any personal experience with this area... i know the housing market is slow right now but iven if i lowball my current house price i will still be able to basically pay cash for a house there..
    the other part of the equation would be finding a job that pays decent, but i wouldnt need to make as much if i had little or no mortgage...
    thanks for any input anyone might have...
    If you do sell your house, don't forget the 1031 property exchange.

ViB
    I'm a Realtor here in Denver. There are a couple boating resevoirs in the Metro area, but they have 40mph speed limits and you are only allowed to drive in one direction around the lake. Additionally, there are only a limited number of boats allowed on the water at one time.
    if you want some detailed, or non-published info about the different cities in and around the Metro area, contact me and I can provide you with some useful info.
    Stuart
    www.StuartDobson.com

mouzer
    syco. we live in corona so ca for 47 yrs born here ,,,we looked alot out of state and decided on castle rock colorado out side denver next year .....and they are lackin on good local lakes all the uncrowded lakes are 4 hr drive south by new mexico border.but great fishen in those mountains.

Boatcop
    CON: You're closer to the Bilge Idiot.

Faceaz
    My brother also just moved to Fort Collins from Huntington Beach & loves it. He paid cash for the house & has been making enough money buying / selling old Broncos to pay his expenses.

NashvilleBound
    I cant say I would be able to handle the winters out there..... cold water all the time in the lakes.... that would be a no. What is the reason to move to this area? Family? Job? Or just to get away????

H2OT TIMES
    I live in Longmont, about 35 miles north of Denver. If you are really into Hot Boats and the river scene I recomend you forget Colorado. Small lakes, cold water. speed limits strictly enforced, short season. Yes there are some nice places within an 8 to 10 hr. drive but put all of the above together and it just isn't worth it. Consider Dallas.

hows carter lake restricted like most of the lakes

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast