Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to denver co. area.. pros/cons?

mxbundy
    I have a close friend who moved to Woodland Park Co. a couple of years back.Its up the hill from Colorado Springs. He loves it and it is on my short list also.
    I have been there several times to visit and it is awesome if you are interested in outdoor stuff.
    We are syko dirtbikers and their is over 300 miles of trails right from his house!
    Dont know about the lakes. But Havasu would be around 14 hrs from their.

Screemy1
    i was lookin at the areas just south of denver, close enough to downtown so that i could still drive in if needed.. i just think it would be a better place than anaheim to raise my little ones...
    the traffic is CRAZY into Denver.... but it is the best plac to live, the house market just slowed there.... they didn't get hit as soon as Cali did.... I tried to move there a couple years ago because my wife is from there.... I couldn't find a job that had the benifits I needed because our son was getting ready for heart surgery.... so we moved to Tehachapi.... Small town, mountains.... but we would rather be in CO.

H2OT TIMES
    I got a news flash for ya. The northern Colorado area, Ft Collins, Greeley, Loveland Longmont, Has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the country.

H2OT TIMES
    hows carter lake restricted like most of the lakes
    Carter is small and one of the most strictly enforced. Clockwise only and 40 MPH., which is the limit on all the state park lakes. Most of the jet boat crowd go north to Glendo, WY. about 2 - 2 1/2 Hrs from Longmont. That would be about 3 1/2 Hrs. from central Denver. I haven't been there but I hear it is nice and fairly large.

hasselhoff
    I live in Castle Rock, just 20 min south of Denver. For a family it is a great place to live. Schools are great people are friendly. You can buy a nice house for 100 -125 bucks a sq foot. Winter is cold but only from Dec to End of Feb. Rest of the time its usually really nice weather. 300 plus days of sunshine. The only downside is the lakes. If you like to go fast keep you boat somewhere else. Our F-32 never leaves vegas. For slower family friendly boating there are plenty of small lakes. And the water is not that cold. For every other outdoor activity this State is great. And if it gets cold DIA gets you to Vegas in one hour and OC in 2.

I live in Castle Rock, just 20 min south of Denver. For a family it is a great place to live. Schools are great people are friendly. You can buy a nice house for 100 -125 bucks a sq foot. Winter is cold but only from Dec to End of Feb. Rest of the time its usually really nice weather. 300 plus days of sunshine. The only downside is the lakes. If you like to go fast keep you boat somewhere else. Our F-32 never leaves vegas. For slower family friendly boating there are plenty of small lakes. And the water is not that cold. For every other outdoor activity this State is great. And if it gets cold DIA gets you to Vegas in one hour and OC in 2.
    Hummmmmmm did global warming come to castle rock march thu may
    i grew up in denver and never has winter been over in march lol
    are you selling real estate

hasselhoff
    I have lived here since birth so I am used to the snow. It doesn't count if it melts the same day. Winter ending in Feb might be pushing it but as you know by the time march gets here there are more nice days than sh*tty.

SummerBreeze
    cold

I have lived here since birth so I am used to the snow. It doesn't count if it melts the same day. Winter ending in Feb might be pushing it but as you know by the time march gets here there are more nice days than sh*tty.
    yea but the temp is what 30 at noon and 10 at 300

hasselhoff
    I can't take this cold weather talk anymore, its bumming me out. Now I am thinking of moving to the OC- pros/cons?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast