Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to denver co. area.. pros/cons?

you better hurry the first storm is about sept 20th

hasselhoff
    Salt in the wound!

ViB
    Hey hasselhoff,
    I was just down at Dave's and think I saw your boat in there last weekend? I was curious who else around here ran a DCB.
    Stu

JetBoatRich
    CON - Broncos play there

ViB
    ouch!
    CON, the Bears don't

asch
    Can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Just have to remember to stock up on Sat. night. If you want the high octane stuff, you gotta go to an actual "liquor" store. Can't just walk into any old grocery store to buy you favorite stuff.
    Oh and....it's cold 7-8 months out of the year. As mentioned, if you're serious about rec. boating, CO ain't really the place to be. Although, Pueblo res. is a straight shot down Interstate 25. 35 or 40 mph limit on all waters though
    It all depends on what you and your family want. CO has a lot of great small towns in and around the Denver area. Right smack in Denver wouldn't be my first choice since you're trying to get away from Anaheim. Checkout Englewood or Littleton. Ft. Collins is nice too. Somewhere beyond the outskirts or down in Colorado Springs might interest you more. Denver's not really much different than LA/OC as far as people and culture go.

LAFD
    never been to denver but my uncle goes there all the time and he is always coming back saying how much he loves it there.he just built a big house out there thats he has up for sale.

syke-o
    thanks for al lthe replies.. i would definitely miss havasu and the river, but i only get out there like 2-3 times a year the last couple of years, and my boat is slow so the speed limit wont hurt me too bad...
    i have never lived anywhere but socal so i am not sure how much the weather would truly effect me.. so pretty much the main reasons we are looking to move is to have no mortgage, better environment for my kids, and neighbors who speak english....

hasselhoff
    Hey hasselhoff,
    I was just down at Dave's and think I saw your boat in there last weekend? I was curious who else around here ran a DCB.
    Stu
    Yea that's my boat. They are selling it for me. I didn't think anybody else around here had a DCB. What are you running?

OSidePat
    Its a fricking COW TOWN!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast