Thread: Wakeboard Boat Top Speed?

Kahuna
    Does anyone know what the top speed of a wakeboard boat would be? Who makes the fastest wakeboard boat?

77charger
    i would guess into the 50s. from people i have talked too.They aint made for speed but for pullin.

HocusPocus
    i checked out a couple at the LA boat show.. most all topped out in the low 50's.

lakewake
    My Ski Centurion had a fuel injected 200HP Merc outboard. Early in the morning on glass I was clocked at 68. Both bottom scaggs out of the water and only about the back third of the boat in the water. The guy that purchased it after me was a gear head .Did some mods and says he hits 72 in Morrow Bay.My Tige has an inboard 350 and will max out at 46-48.

Tom Brown
    My 30 year old Correct Craft will do 110 mph.
    ... oh... sorry... wrong forum.

buzzaro
    Not designed for speed at all, low 50's are the fast ones. Im sure theres an exception out there but for the most part not terribly speedy, can turn on a dime and tow like a tug though :rollside:

Huntingtonbeach
    My Sky Supreme hit 49.5mph when it was new with light fuel and 2 people... They are not speed machines but like it has been mentioned they get there fast and you can load the suckers down to the water line with little or no change in performance.

Riomouse911
    Sanger usually clocks the fastest, at about 55 tops.. A barefoot boat will hit the 60-65 mph zone. My old 91 Ski Nautique with 6 people, two waterbed tubes full of water, lead shot bags under the bow and the storage under the rear seat filled with concrete would hit the magical 22 mph for riding..I guess thats all I ever needed ;-)

60+ mph

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
    Does anyone know what the top speed of a wakeboard boat would be? Who makes the fastest wakeboard boat?
    I just took my new Wakesetter 247 LSV with the 555HP supercharged engine out on the lake. 500 lbs. of passengers. A full tank of gas. Very choppy water. And had no problem hitting 58mph. During my tet drive before I bought it, it hit 60 with three people on board.