Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bee's......

Jbb
    Well the bee's and wasp's were the least of my worries today. Had a fire start this morning on my road right in front of the house from a garbage truck (Amador Disposal) hauling a dumpster that was f'ng dragging on the ground. We had just got home and heard it go by the house and made a comment about how dangerous it was. About 3 minutes later some kind gentleman pulls into my property and is honking and yelling for us to come around to the front. We couldnt see the fire and had no idea and by that time it had already spread like crazy. Came within 10 feet of the house and if my husband hadn't had the Bobcat here the fire dept said we would have lost it all for sure. I called 911 and reported it but there was another fire (two actually) up the road from us and that was there they stopped first so it was up to us to get it out and it took us awhile with help from neighbors and passerbys. Thank God. Nothing like fighting a fire in shorts and thongs. Scared the hell of us.
    I'll get to the bee's later.
    Wow!....good thing you weren't at the lake....:jawdrop:
    But if you were at the lake.....the bee's would no longer have been a problem.....Glad it turned out ok...

Her454
    Wow!....good thing you weren't at the lake....:jawdrop:
    But if you were at the lake.....the bee's would no longer have been a problem.....Glad it turned out ok...
    We were saying the same thing. Usually we are gone on long weekends so we got lucky. Another thing, well has been out for a week, all through this hot spell.... we just got it fixed yesterday. Was a problem with the pump so things are abnormally dry even close to the house, and we were LUCKY it was fixed today.....................

Tom Brown
    I'm glad you're OK, Traci.
    ... and now it's time for danger sex.

Jbb
    Danger Sex!!!!!

Her454
    LOL, true. Im so SICK OF FIRE SEASON, we need a break!!!

Sherpa
    I added to the bee thread, but I've got a pretty decent wasp-nest story also.
    in my lean-to on my garage I had stuffed an old blanket on a shelf. wasps
    had began building onto that blanket a nest. by the time I was actually
    scared to go near the area, the hive was bigger than 2 basket balls next
    to each other............ so waiting until evening, I sprayed the hell outta the
    nest with wasp spray.. eptied 2 cans in less than a minute....... I waited
    until morning to knock to hive off the shelf...... that blanket came down with it, along with about 500 more wasps that were inside the hive.. oh shit isn't
    even close to my thoughts........
    I had already prepped a metal trash can with about a 1/2 gallon of old 2stroke
    gas, and carried the hive out to the can with a pitchfork.... into the trash can
    it all went, and then in went a match........ whoooosh.......... nothing like a
    12 foot high flaming wasp barbeque at 6am in the summer to wake the neighbors........
    I never did get caught playing with matches as a kid... maybe I should have.
    --Sherpa...............cleverly distisguised as a responsible adult.....

Flyinbowtie
    This fire season is spooky.
    Driving around Tahoe Saturday we must have seen at least 25 electronic and other signs warning of extreme fire danger.
    I have an irrigation water source, and have no less than three rainbirds going pretty much 24/7 from mid-July until they shut the water off October 10th.
    Rainbirds on the roof, ready.
    F-in scary time of year here in the foothills.
    Glad your okay, T.

Her454
    This fire season is spooky.
    Driving around Tahoe Saturday we must have seen at least 25 electronic and other signs warning of extreme fire danger.
    I have an irrigation water source, and have no less than three rainbirds going pretty much 24/7 from mid-July until they shut the water off October 10th.
    Rainbirds on the roof, ready.
    F-in scary time of year here in the foothills.
    Glad your okay, T.
    Thanks Jeff, I wish we had the irrigation deal here but I rely on the well. Its real hazy/smoky this morning up the hill but I havent heard anything on the news about another fire. Been a crazy year thats for sure.
    Yellowboat, not sure if you got my PM back as they dont seem to be working, but if it was your neighbor that was captain of the crew on my fire please get the names for me as I all I got was the engine # and I wanted to send a thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123