Thread: need new starter BBC what to buy?

boats&bars
    well the starter is tired, (growling) draws down the batteries fast. where can I get a rebuild kit? yes its enclosed engine compartment. anyone got one for sale ar know where I can pick one up at a good price. Thanks Matt

victorfb
    id say bite the bullet and buy a good USCG approved high torque starter. they are available at many retailers such as Rexmarine and such. this is a key part of the entire package that can easily leave you stranded in the middle of the lake. save money in other areas, parts, accesories, keystone instead of coorslight, whatever.

boats&bars
    id say bite the bullet and buy a good USCG approved high torque starter. they are available at many retailers such as Rexmarine and such. this is a key part of the entire package that can easily leave you stranded in the middle of the lake. save money in other areas, parts, accesories, keystone instead of coorslight, whatever.
    agreed but I rebuild all of my stuff, just hoping to afford one more weekend on the water before offroad season.

victorfb
    well if its just one last trip then yes id agree, maybe even borrow one. just be careful with the enclosed hatch on what you get. good luck and have fun.