Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: living beyond your means

MBlaster
    I have a friend whose wife makes $33k/month, $22k after taxes, and they don't have a pot to piss in besides their house and a few toys. I usually have to feed him lunch the last couple days before her payday (she gets paid once a month).
    You sure are a good friend.
    My wife doesn't make squat and I'm lucky if my friends offer to buy me a costco dog when I'm broke.

HocusPocus
    temptations.. all around us. we bought our Ca house over 10 years ago and watched the equity pile up, i can't tell you how many times we were tempted to cash out and go shopping or sell it and buy a bigger house. with so many friends and family doing just that and then telling us we were crazy to just sit back and not use the equity. well we still have our little house, equity, little 5.5% 30 year fixed rate mtg and others we know havn't been so fortunate. its just too easy to get caught up in the frenzy of newer, bigger, faster and nicer.

3 daytona`s
    Most people are/were jealous of friends, neighbors when things were smoking,but now love to see them burn:idea:

Blown 472
    People dream of the pimp ass lifestyle I'm living right now.
    That inclued the tv behind the garage??

Jyruiz
    Had a friend that was a key grip, he would make 60k every six months back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I had to lent him money all the time, he would blow it faster than he could make it. I finally told him I was not his personal bank, told him he could call anytime he wants so we could have a beer and shoot the shit, but the money lending was over because now he was taking advantage of it. Well, after that conversation, he never called again. Funny how your best friend and best man at your wedding can just throw that friendship away because I would no longer lent him money.

HocusPocus
    Had a friend that was a key grip, he would make 60k every six months back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I had to lent him money all the time, he would blow it faster than he could make it. I finally told him I was not his personal bank, told him he could call anytime he wants so we could have a beer and shoot the shit, but the money lending was over because now he was taking advantage of it. Well, after that conversation, he never called again. Funny how your best friend and best man at your wedding can just throw that friendship away because I would no longer lent him money.
    i hear ya.. i have lost a few friends over the years by lending them money. your the hero when you lend it to them and an as*hole when you want it back.

Tom Brown
    That inclued the tv behind the garage??
    No. Sadly, the TV behind the shop is gone.

Blown 472
    Just like jeffersons, you done moved up.

Jbb
    I believe I made an appearance on that TV....:jawdrop:...That's the one Care put her foot thru...Isn't it?...

Jyruiz
    i hear ya.. i have lost a few friends over the years by lending them money. your the hero when you lend it to them and an as*hole when you want it back.
    He always paid, but it got out of control. At that time, I wasn't even scratching 60k for the year and hear I was bailing him out every week. He had a boat, house in Havi jetski, nice truck and rented a 3 bedroom house in HB being single WTF.:idea: I was always making those payment when they came. He got so confortable that one time he called to ask what was the largest amount of money I could lend him at one time because the bank was going to repo his truck. It just got out of control.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast