Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ridden In A Friends Boat And Been In Fear For Your Life ???

Tom Brown
    3 times he brought his baot down, 3 times I havent been out in it
    I'm envious.
    Actually, to be serious, Kim is as calm and rational driving his boat as he is posting on the Internet.
    I love his boat... and I love Kimmy.... but it's damn hard to quit smoking after riding with him.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Saturday afternoon we met up with one of my buddies at our place (The Palms) in Needles. I've been in his boat before (28 Magic Deck w/525) and knew how he drives, but he said he would take it easy since we had 3 kids and my wife with us. Two of my other buddies and my wifes cousin went on the trip as well, so there was 9 of us total.
    We start out floating down river just drifting and then he (boat owner) says let go this is boring. He takes off like a bat outta hell, and I
    swear we must have threaded the eye of a needle atleast 6 times before we pulled into Park Moabi (and it's not that far) and doing around 60 all the time as I'm telling him to slow down and he's in and out of traffic.
    I was surprised that the boats we passed and cut off didn't try to come after us and want to fight (it was that bad). When we stopped to get fuel at Park Moabi he went inside to pay and my wife and one of my buddies were pleading with me to drive back, they were that scared. Not to say that I wasn't scared, but I was more disturbed than anything with reading all of the accidents and events that have happed lately.
    He kept telling me "Please... I've been in your boat and you drove way faster so come on and calm down". I said yeah we were doing about 90 in my boat but there were just 3 of us guys, no holiday traffic, no other boats around, and I went straight not your back and forth action.
    So I did end up driving home back up river to everybody's delight. I was even pushing his boat trimming it (something that he doesn't do properly anyways) and driving it wide open. Everybody felt at ease even with me going faster than him because they know I have a little more seat time than him.
    When we got closer to the dock and ramp he took back over the wheel so I could go back down the trailer, when he started racing a ski and then turned the boat sharp and fast to spray him. All he could say was "weird feeling in a cat huh, you can't do that in a V-bottom" as my 10 year old daughter was balling her head off because she was so scared.
    Yes driving that boat is different from a V, for the fact that when you pull back on the levers it took much more time to slow down.
    Needless to say my wife and the others probably won't be going in his boat again and if I do I'll make sure to be sober so I can, 1. hold on and 2. drive.
    Was this sharp turn right in front of the Jack Smith entrance at about 3:30. I was hanging outside the ramp and watched a Magic deck made a crazy turn. I was trying to figure what in the hell the person was doing. The driver needs some safety lessons

Pussywhippled
    Was this sharp turn right in front of the Jack Smith entrance at about 3:30. I was hanging outside the ramp and watched a Magic deck made a crazy turn. I was trying to figure what in the hell the person was doing. The driver needs some safety lessons
    YOU GOT IT !
    That was us.
    Now you tell me what you thunkeded of that...

hoolign
    I'm envious.
    Actually, to be serious, Kim is as calm and rational driving his boat as he is posting on the Internet.
    I love his boat... and I love Kimmy.... but it's damn hard to quit smoking after riding with him.
    The only reason I started smoking was to warm my throat up after freezing it trying to keep up to him on beer..3 days and Iwas at a pack and a half

River Runin
    Saturday afternoon we met up with one of my buddies at our place (The Palms) in Needles. I've been in his boat before (28 Magic Deck w/525) and knew how he drives, but he said he would take it easy since we had 3 kids and my wife with us. Two of my other buddies and my wifes cousin went on the trip as well, so there was 9 of us total.
    We start out floating down river just drifting and then he (boat owner) says let go this is boring. He takes off like a bat outta hell, and I
    swear we must have threaded the eye of a needle atleast 6 times before we pulled into Park Moabi (and it's not that far) and doing around 60 all the time as I'm telling him to slow down and he's in and out of traffic.
    I was surprised that the boats we passed and cut off didn't try to come after us and want to fight (it was that bad). When we stopped to get fuel at Park Moabi he went inside to pay and my wife and one of my buddies were pleading with me to drive back, they were that scared. Not to say that I wasn't scared, but I was more disturbed than anything with reading all of the accidents and events that have happed lately.
    He kept telling me "Please... I've been in your boat and you drove way faster so come on and calm down". I said yeah we were doing about 90 in my boat but there were just 3 of us guys, no holiday traffic, no other boats around, and I went straight not your back and forth action.
    So I did end up driving home back up river to everybody's delight. I was even pushing his boat trimming it (something that he doesn't do properly anyways) and driving it wide open. Everybody felt at ease even with me going faster than him because they know I have a little more seat time than him.
    When we got closer to the dock and ramp he took back over the wheel so I could go back down the trailer, when he started racing a ski and then turned the boat sharp and fast to spray him. All he could say was "weird feeling in a cat huh, you can't do that in a V-bottom" as my 10 year old daughter was balling her head off because she was so scared.
    Yes driving that boat is different from a V, for the fact that when you pull back on the levers it took much more time to slow down.
    Needless to say my wife and the others probably won't be going in his boat again and if I do I'll make sure to be sober so I can, 1. hold on and 2. drive.
    SRY, this would have been to easy for me! ---Endangering family! I'd of taken control of the boat! (friendly or not) return to wherever and called it a day!
    Pushed the boat out and said Have a good one!--The End

spectras only
    Hooli , I've met a guy in OK Falls this weekend who also works at an oil rig in Alta . He built a house very close to my buddy's place there. He bought Mr Pump's HTM 24 SR . Super nice boat . Didn't have time to go for a ride this weekend , but I'm sure it will be a wild one when I have a chance next time. He used to have an Allison with lots of seat time , and a buddy of his has a nice Hydrostream Advantage with a 250 X hangin off the transom . That boat is a rocket out of the hole . Pussywhippled ,you think riding on your friend's boat is scary , you should ride a vintage racer car on bicycle wheels .
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/A...20supercharged

phebus
    I'm pretty sure that someone reported that a Magic Deckboat was driving eratically, and four cops almost bled to death from scratching their heads trying to figure out which Magic to go after.

Pussywhippled
    Pussywhippled ,you think riding on your friend's boat is scary , you should ride a vintage racer car on bicycle wheels .
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/A...20supercharged
    We we be driving straight or would you be making sharp high speed turns back and forth one after the other?
    I would probably drive it faster than you straight... LOL
    Talking about going fast on bicycle wheels reminds me (dont know why it poped into my head?) the reason I recently sold my KX 250.
    I got too crazy on that bike and it was really too fast of a bike for someone with kids that also has to go to work on Monday mornings.
    By the way the car is way cool...

Pussywhippled
    I'm pretty sure that someone reported that a Magic Deckboat was driving eratically, and four cops almost bled to death from scratching their heads trying to figure out which Magic to go after.
    Yes there are a bunch of them out there to choose from...
    For me... I road in it and drove it and I wasn't impressed. Not that it isn't or that they aren't nice boats, it did handle the chop very well and corners on a dime like no other boat I've been in. LOL
    I have a hard time with a boat that has an open front end like a deck boat. It gives me an insecure feeling for some reason, but that's just me.
    They are nice for a couple of user friendly reasons... It is nice to board right from the beach and just walk on, and having a water hose system on board is really, really, cool.

I don’t know if it was you guys but I was in my buddies 18’ outboard and this cat moving southbound towards Moabi comes right at us as we are moving northbound. The cat was passing three other boats and a sea doo but to it make the pass the cat had to move over to the left side of the river and force us closer to the shore. If it was you guys tell your kids I am sorry for giving you guys the bird.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast