Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ridden In A Friends Boat And Been In Fear For Your Life ???

skyskier
    For me this entire weekend was a doozie...
    I am just coming on the boards here telling my Saturday afternoon boating story, good or bad, that's how it went down, and I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
    Keep up your I'd kick his ass answers, sounds like I made a really bad judgement call.
    Now I thought about posting my Sunday boating story but I'm not sure yet.
    FYI it involves a 45 (yes a gun) and a parking spot on the beach.
    I knew it was going to come down this sooner or later! PLEASE give us the details and any pics you might have.

spectras only
    Attila, I find it hard to believe that anyone on rigs can afford something around there ..never mind an HTM
    Jeff , this guy with the HTM had a property already there and built the house 3 years ago .
    My friend bought his property on the lakefront
    20 yrs ago for peanuts , now it's worth well over a M . His other house he rents on the east side of the road ,a 5 minute walk from his house was only 215 K around 5 years ago . Empty lots are selling now at 300K and up around OK Falls :jawdrop: . My friend's neighbour [ Woody Wood Pecker ] has 16 acres sloping up the mountain side ,selling for 1. 2 M right across the road . You should invest in that one , before it's too late :idea:
    You can see Woody's place up in the right corner with the junk vans parking there in the first picture of my "Driving the Austin 7 thread" .The view from his place is the same as in the second picture , but better because he's higher up .

spectras only
    I was in fear for my life in my boat once, but that was under the bow with a fat chick
    I guess you had lots of bowsteer :idea: . That could get pretty scary Bilge

infotraker
    Back in the 70's rode in a friends blown flat at Don pedro Ca. He was a little crazy out of the boat and in. We had a fast bumpy ride which seemed very dangerous as the water was not good. A little to on the edge for me and I got back to shore safe. Next ride he flipped the boat and it sunk. He and passenger got cut up and needed stitches. Boat was pulled up that day with a spit hull.

Magic34
    For me, it is simple. I am the only one who drives any boat when my kids and wife are on it.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
    1st time you scare me, you laugh. 2nd time you scare me I laugh at you in hospitol(SP)! You should have taken control over this ass the 1st time you thought your life or your family's life was in danger. Alright enough of getting on you about your judgment. Glad you guys did not get hurt. So tell about 45 and parking?
    BIG JOE SSMF

STV_Keith
    Haven't been in one yet that has had me wanting out. OTOH, not many people will get in my boat with me...is that a sign? :idea:

HavaSkank
    I was in fear for my life in my boat once, but that was under the bow with a fat chick
    You said I felt "fluffy" not fat

Pussywhippled
    I boat on that stretch of river ....Can you post a picture of that boat so I know who to avoid?
    It was a fluke that he was up river this far. He wanted to checkout our new place and he ended up launching here too.
    He loves to sit in the warm dirty bath water down at Havasu too much and can't stand our cold river water.

skyskier
    OH,, we got to hear about that one, then I will tell you about a parking place and a Hammer, seems us californians are not allowed to share the beach with the Nevada peeps.
    Evidently "pussywhipped" is having a hard time pulling the trigger ( no pun intended) on posting his 45 caliber incident, what's your story? I'm thinking on heading to Mead and would like to know what I'm getting into. Are you talking about some kind of "cove/beach rage"? or a parking spot on the ramp?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast