We just got home today from 3 days on Lake Mead. My 22 Schiada performed awesome with the new prop and correct SW senders hoooked up to water and oil psi gauges. Boat cruised effortlessly all day at 3000 rpm and tached up to 5000 when I stood on it and lifted the plates. She takes a nice set and ran like a champ all weekend. The lake was suprisingly quiet for a holiday and I did see a few other classic V-drives and jets on the lake. A special thanks to Darryl at Asplund Performance for whipping my boat into shape for the trip. I love the way the boat performs with the new propeller as I could not wipe the smile off my face all weekend! We hung out in a few coves and I was constantly checking clearance upon stern anchoring (bow facing shore) with relationship to distance between prop and rudder to lake bed. There is truly nothing like a V-drive. I ran all 3 days and only burned about 3/4 tank of fuel-of course we floated and hung out a lot too. I'll get some pics up soon. I hung with my parents and sisters as the folks had their '22 Schiada out as well which is the boat I learned to ski behind and grew up in. Darryl from Asplund also had one of his Schiada fleet in the water-a '22 I/O that once upon a time was rigged as a V-drive under the original ownership.
Schiada Time