Thread: Just back from Mead

Schiada Time
    We just got home today from 3 days on Lake Mead. My 22 Schiada performed awesome with the new prop and correct SW senders hoooked up to water and oil psi gauges. Boat cruised effortlessly all day at 3000 rpm and tached up to 5000 when I stood on it and lifted the plates. She takes a nice set and ran like a champ all weekend. The lake was suprisingly quiet for a holiday and I did see a few other classic V-drives and jets on the lake. A special thanks to Darryl at Asplund Performance for whipping my boat into shape for the trip. I love the way the boat performs with the new propeller as I could not wipe the smile off my face all weekend! We hung out in a few coves and I was constantly checking clearance upon stern anchoring (bow facing shore) with relationship to distance between prop and rudder to lake bed. There is truly nothing like a V-drive. I ran all 3 days and only burned about 3/4 tank of fuel-of course we floated and hung out a lot too. I'll get some pics up soon. I hung with my parents and sisters as the folks had their '22 Schiada out as well which is the boat I learned to ski behind and grew up in. Darryl from Asplund also had one of his Schiada fleet in the water-a '22 I/O that once upon a time was rigged as a V-drive under the original ownership.
    Schiada Time

BADAXE
    We just got home today from 3 days on Lake Mead. My 22 Schiada performed awesome with the new prop and correct SW senders hoooked up to water and oil psi gauges. Boat cruised effortlessly all day at 3000 rpm and tached up to 5000 when I stood on it and lifted the plates. She takes a nice set and ran like a champ all weekend. The lake was suprisingly quiet for a holiday and I did see a few other classic V-drives and jets on the lake. A special thanks to Darryl at Asplund Performance for whipping my boat into shape for the trip. I love the way the boat performs with the new propeller as I could not wipe the smile off my face all weekend! We hung out in a few coves and I was constantly checking clearance upon stern anchoring (bow facing shore) with relationship to distance between prop and rudder to lake bed. There is truly nothing like a V-drive. I ran all 3 days and only burned about 3/4 tank of fuel-of course we floated and hung out a lot too. I'll get some pics up soon. I hung with my parents and sisters as the folks had their '22 Schiada out as well which is the boat I learned to ski behind and grew up in. Darryl from Asplund also had one of his Schiada fleet in the water-a '22 I/O that once upon a time was rigged as a V-drive under the original ownership.
    Schiada Time
    We were out there all weekend. Sorry we missed you.

Schiada Time
    Where were you hangin'? We went into Wishing Well on Friday and spent most of our time at a few coves by Sandy Beach. Red and white 22 Schiada V-drive and yellow with multi-colors 22 Schiada I/O. Ran into a few old boats including a 32 Spectra and classic Ski Sanger. Too cool.
    ST

BADAXE
    We stay away from sandy beach, too many knuckleheads (Pwc's and rookies) around there. On the rare occasion we do stay in the boulder basin we go to swallow cove.
    On Saturday we went to long beach then made a run up to the overton area, it was glass all the way. On sunday we made the run to sandy point and it was perfect conditions the whole day. See you next time.

Schiada Time
    BadAxe- Was it me or did the lake seem dead for Labor Day weekend? We launched at Lake Mead Marina and I must say it seemed pretty quiet.
    ST

Racey
    Where were you hangin'? We went into Wishing Well on Friday and spent most of our time at a few coves by Sandy Beach. Red and white 22 Schiada V-drive and yellow with multi-colors 22 Schiada I/O. Ran into a few old boats including a 32 Spectra and classic Ski Sanger. Too cool.
    ST
    Does you're 22 have the older style step deck on it? i think i may have seen you out there, We were at Middlepoint and Longbeach. i saw another 22 v-drive with the older style deck on it at Hemingway sunday, it was white with blue stripes. God what a great weekend it was, everyone in our group couldnt believe how nice it was out there.

Schiada Time
    rACEY- mY '22 HAS THE HOOK INTO THE GUNNEL GOING TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE BOAT. iT IS MOSTLY RED WITH WHITE ACCENTS AND WOODGRAIN ON TRANSOM AND TOP DECK-RED NON SKID. iT IS A '74 SO IT HAS THE CAMPBELL STYLE TOP. iT WAS PROBABLY ME THAT YOU SAW. i WAS IN wishing well on Friday. The other '22 is Darryl from Asplund's cruiser '22.