Thread: Fixed my Sheered bolts and got my new flywheel on but ran into another problem

Highlimit9000
    I put on a Hays 10-130 Billet Flywheel The stock cast one I was running before is about .250 Thicker. The stock one sticks out from crank 6" to where drive plate bolts. New billet is 5 3/4" You might see where this is going...My spline spacer is now approx .250 too short...Here is a pic. Sorry for the clarity, it was from my phone holding under tranny bellhousing...This was with spline mated up inside tranny all the way in properly and tranny bellhousing flat against motor plate...
    And oh by the way ended up running the ARP pro bolts with red loctite as suggested...Thanks for the input...
    Should I just have someone make a longer spacer to compensate the gap?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ine_Spacer.jpg

Art Carr may make a thicker spacer.

msmeads1
    I had the same problem years ago and was able to have a machine shop mill a spacer out of bronze and it worked great.
    As Rex said, Art Carr may have one as well?

franky
    Yes, need to close that gap. I have the materail. Tell me how thick it needs to be and I will make you one. I will check on the play you should have, can't remember this foggy Tuesday morning..

Highlimit9000
    Yes, need to close that gap. I have the materail. Tell me how thick it needs to be and I will make you one. I will check on the play you should have, can't remember this foggy Tuesday morning..
    Franky, The play should be .80 .100 is what i was told. The spacer I have now is .250 which had about .80 of gap on the old flywheel. The difference from the old fly and new is .250 thinner... So if you could make it at .500 should be perfect. I appreciate it...Ill buy ya dinner at Bluewater at the Schiada Event in Parker...Thanks John