Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bee's......

Her454
    Anyone ( I've already seen Froggy's pics of his ordeal) else have bee's really bad this year? I've had them real bad and can't seem to get rid of them.
    I noticed them going under the HotTub cover about a month ago and didnt want to open the lid to check it out as I'm allergic to them. I finally decided to check it out last night. Nothing. Couldn't believe it. Cleaned and filled up the tub again and today I noticed the bee's going UNDER the actual tub itself, and Im sure they are making quite a home in the bottom section! Do I just spray in there to get rid of them? I HATE BEE's!

Moneypitt
    Anyone ( I've already seen Froggy's pics of his ordeal) else have bee's really bad this year? I've had them real bad and can't seem to get rid of them.
    I noticed them going under the HotTub cover about a month ago and didnt want to open the lid to check it out as I'm allergic to them. I finally decided to check it out last night. Nothing. Couldn't believe it. Cleaned and filled up the tub again and today I noticed the bee's going UNDER the actual tub itself, and Im sure they are making quite a home in the bottom section! Do I just spray in there to get rid of them? I HATE BEE's!
    Call a local bee keeper. There have been some hives dying off due to some virus. The locals would probably love to capture another queen and the hive that goes with her..........The keepers rent their hives to the agriculture industry for polination in the groves..........Please try to resolve your issue without killing the bees.........MP

You could probably fog them at night when they're inactive. You're going to have a big clean up problem though if it's a large hive. You won't be able to just kill them and leave it to evaporate. You will have the smelly pile of shit from hell after they die.
    I had one similar to Froggy's last year in a friend's attic. The house got tented not knowing the hive was there during a termite deal. It killed all the bees of course, but was a huge hive. I had to get in the attic and scrape, shovel and remove thousands of dead smelly bees, and a shit load of honey and honeycomb. Probably (3) 5 gallon buckets full of this crap and took several hours. Then seal coat the entire area as you can never get all the honey out. It was a real messy mess.
    Then come the ants....

Ray's idea would be my choice as well.

smoker
    We had bee's going into some of our pilasters to build their hives. Picked up a can of Wasp and Hornet spray. Spray it first thing in the morning or at dusk when they are less active. Worked for us.

Tom Brown
    My parents had a wasp nest glued to an outside corner of their truck camper last year.
    I handled it quite effectively by prying it off the camper with a couple of flat blade screwdrivers and then scooping it off the ground with a spade shovel. It was both effective and expedient. What's more, I was only stung a couple of dozen times.
    I will say, that wasp nest was tougher to pry off the camper than I thought. It didn't exactly bend the screwdriver blades but those bitches are glued on there like snot dried into nose hair. They didn't start swarming right away, either. In fact, they hardly noticed my prying the hell out of their nest at first. By the time the hive was on the ground, however, those little fukkers were buzzing with fury. It was loud as hell. I don't think they cared for the experience.
    Another point I'll mention is that hives don't burn as well as you might think. Perhaps it's because the ten gallons of those fukkers that pour out the tiny hole in the bottom of that half gallon hive will fan the flames out. Pour some 87 octane non-lead on and let it soak for a while before applying some flame. You might want to thinking about applying some deep woods off prior to the cremation ceremony.
    Even louder than the buzzing wasps was my Mom screaming with hysteria. That blood curdling, high pitch wailing made the countless stings seem almost comfortable.

Jbb
    those bitches are glued on there like snot dried into your nose hair.
    Tom Brown......describing his recent ..."encounter" with the younger generation...

Moneypitt
    At least try the beekeeper thing. It works. The keepers have ways of smoking the bees into submission and just putting them in a container to haul away. No mess, no fuss, no charge to you, and the bees will live to polinate another day..................MP

Her454
    At least try the beekeeper thing. It works. The keepers have ways of smoking the bees into submission and just putting them in a container to haul away. No mess, no fuss, no charge to you, and the bees will live to polinate another day..................MP
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll try the beekeeper deal. I have wasps also. They nest in everything! Left my car for a week in the driveway about a month ago and when I went to open the door they had already started nesting behind the sideview mirror. Crazy. Really pissed them off when I opened the door.
    I couldn't imagine having anything like Wes had, that was insane.

Tom Brown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast