Thread: The best place to mount my manual diverter control

gas Hogg
    Okay I have seen them installed all over the place. I'm thinking right between my front seats so when I have on hand one the wheel I can easily move the controller with my right hand. Simple question but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The engine gets all bolted togehter tomorrow. So tonight I have to finish installing the new cables and all of the seats since I finished my carpet last night. I'm pumped but tired as hell. :idea:

Longstr
    Okay I have seen them installed all over the place. I'm thinking right between my front seats so when I have on hand one the wheel I can easily move the controller with my right hand. Simple question but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The engine gets all bolted togehter tomorrow. So tonight I have to finish installing the new cables and all of the seats since I finished my carpet last night. I'm pumped but tired as hell. :idea:
    In front of the driver seat... You are killing your cooler room

gas Hogg
    I thought about that but I only have 9 inches or so between the seats. There's no way in hell my cooler will fit between the seats.

Longstr
    I thought about that but I only have 9 inches or so between the seats. There's no way in hell my cooler will fit between the seats.
    If you only have 9 in between your seats then that is where I would put it to, nothing else will fit there anyhow..

Devilman
    In front of the driver seat... You are killing your cooler room That ain't no shit.... :rollside:
    Mine is right beside the driver seat right now, but have seriously been thinking on moving it in front of it. I've got quite a bit of interior room as it is, but it would be even better with the control outta the way.
    As it is now:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/river27.jpg
    And where I would move it to:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...s2t_Small_.jpg

gas Hogg
    Well that sure looks clean like that. My main reason I didn't want to install it between my legs is that I have to reach down between my steering wheel and my throttle leg. Then I have to find a place to hold my soda since I can't keep it between my legs hahaa.

gas Hogg
    By the way how did you get you dog sto stare at it like that. Looks like he's going to jump pdown there and rip it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slacker
    I put mine in front of the drivers seat, unfortunatly with everything else.There was only about 6 to 8 inches between my seats. The problem was getting in the boat i figured it would be more in the way there than in front of me. I would practice getting in and out of the boat like you normally do. Then see where you walk , how you sit in the seat etc. Then think when you are driving whats most comfortable and most accessable to you. Worst comes to worst you have to remount it. Just some thoughts...

Devilman
    Well that sure looks clean like that. My main reason I didn't want to install it between my legs is that I have to reach down between my steering wheel and my throttle leg. Then I have to find a place to hold my soda since I can't keep it between my legs hahaa.
    Thanks, I have been up in the air about moving it. Slacker has good advice, try sitting in your boat & then mimick what your movements would be. I just did that myself & decided I'm probably going to leave my control where its at. My driver seat is tipped back a little, so if I moved the control in front of my seat, I'd be having to hunch lean forward to mess with the diverter. Ain't got time for that, I lean forward I may spill my drink.
    Not sure what the dog was tripping on, must have gotten ahold of some "funny" grass while we were beached upriver, lol.

gas Hogg
    Well I'm heading home to open up a 12 pack and get in and walk around my boat so I can figure out where to mount it. Thanks for the idea's.