Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man smashes Home Depot checkout stand with pry bar he was trying to buy

sunsoaker8
    Man smashes Home Depot checkout stand with pry bar he was trying to buy
    By BRAD WONG
    P-I REPORTER
    Well, let's look at it this way: At least, this guy wasn't buying a blowtorch.
    But that age-old adage -- that patience is a virtue -- somehow slipped the mind of a man shopping at Home Depot on Utah Avenue South in Seattle on Thursday.
    Around 9 p.m., the man was in line at a self-service checkout stand, ready to buy a pry bar and hacksaw, according to a Seattle police report.
    But as a manager told an officer, the man accidentally hit the button for Spanish on the computer screen.
    And that was the tipping point for this consumer.
    He became "frustrated that the machine was speaking Spanish," the police report says.
    So, instead of asking for customer service help, he let loose a blow with the pry bar and shattered the computer. He ran from the store and made a beeline to some nearby railroad tracks, the report said.
    A Seattle police officer searched for the customer. But he had vanished.
    The manager believes he caused about $10,000 in damages. He left the pry bar in his shopping cart.

Pussywhippled
    I think it's BS myself that we have to do our own "check out" at Home Depot. I don't work there, I'm trying to spend money not do one of their jobs.
    If I check out my own items will I get a paycheck for doing it? No...
    And everytime I do use the self check out somebody has to come help me anyways, cause I'm just a tard I guess.

Havasu1986
    Press #1 for english

DSW
    What gets me is alot of food packaging is in spanish now. I bought some bisquik to make some pancakes and I looked at the box and it was in spanish... It was bought from Bashas in Havasu. I guess thats what I get for living so close to the border now...

Jbb
    Maybe Home Depot should delete the Spanish option.....after all this is America......speak ****ing english...

RitcheyRch
    Doubt that will ever happen. My opinion is that Home Depot caters to the illegals by not enforcing the no loitering signs all over the lot.
    Maybe Home Depot should delete the Spanish option.....after all this is America......speak ****ing english...

Riomouse911
    I was a grocery checker for a few years right out of high school. Those old machines worked 10 times better than the new ones at Home Depot. I hate using them.

LUVNLIFE
    Doubt that will ever happen. My opinion is that Home Depot caters to the illegals by not enforcing the no loitering signs all over the lot.
    C-mon there is noone standing around by the Home Depot by mine and your house right Run them out on a rail

RitcheyRch
    Not sure if they near the one near where we live since I dont go there. I am boycotting Home Depot.
    C-mon there is noone standing around by the Home Depot by mine and your house right Run them out on a rail

LUVNLIFE
    Not sure if they near the one near where we live since I dont go there. I am boycotting Home Depot.
    Oh are you a Lowes man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast