Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pug Dogs >> Anybody know a breeder??

shadow
    Before going the breeder route, please at least consider adoption --there are plenty of cute pugs out there who need good homes!
    http://www.pugrescue.com/hotlinks.html (general link to pug rescue sites)
    http://www.arizonapugrescue.com/ (link to AZ pug rescue site -- not for profit)
    Good luck.
    Wouldn't be opposed to picking one up from a rescue as long as i could find a young one.
    Thanks for the links i'll check them out.
    Pugs are cool little dogs.
    They snort a tad to much for my liking but they have great personalities .
    I am sure you know this but short snout dogs don't do that well in the heat. They have a hard time cooling off once over heated and shouldn't be left out side if it's hot.
    Cool little dogs forsure!This one will live inside with the A/C and probablly
    rule the house.
    I also want a young one so i can get him used to the water from the beginning and the rest of the time on the boat i'm sure he will be relaxing under the double Bimini on the new toon.

shadow
    Hey Darryl....Deanne wants to be kept informed on this. She had a Pug before and would like to maybe get another herself. Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks
    Tom i'll keep you updated.

imirsh1
    If you plan on getting a pug (1.) dont take them in the heat, they dont do heat as a matter of fact most pug deaths are in the summer time due to heat exhaustion. These are primarily house dogs. (2.) Dont go to a breeder they tend to just punch the puppies out for money. Pugs have a lot of inherent problems such as eye problems, dry skin problems, and are prone to bad backs that require surgery not to mention their breathing problems. My pug comes from champion mother/father and I have had little problems until know and he is 14. Best dog and friend by far, you will enjoy them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12