Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Boat

thatguy
    To me a tweeker is a asshole without job. I don't care what keeps him from a productive life.
    Mike
    I always thought that a tweaker was a meth head who could no longer recognize reality. (Or chew solid food!)
    I have been labeled an asshole for most of my adult life. And have been unemployed at times. But I never have been a "tweaker".
    A true tweaker would not have a vehicle capable of towing a DCB, or any other kind of boat. And even if they did, they could NEVER manage to hook it up or go in a place of business for supplies. They certainly would have no money for purchasing supplies.
    Point is, if you are looking for tweaker's, you probably won't find your thieves.
    Just my .02
    Tommy

squirt'nmyload
    I think it is a mistake to assume that this is all about tweakers. Way to complicated.
    too complicated???.....no way, when those people are all wacked out they could or at least they think that they can accomplish anything.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I always thought that a tweaker was a meth head who could no longer recognize reality. (Or chew solid food!)
    I have been labeled an asshole for most of my adult life. And have been unemployed at times. But I never have been a "tweaker".
    A true tweaker would not have a vehicle capable of towing a DCB, or any other kind of boat. And even if they did, they could NEVER manage to hook it up or go in a place of business for supplies. They certainly would have no money for purchasing supplies.
    Point is, if you are looking for tweaker's, you probably won't find your thieves.
    Just my .02
    Tommy
    IMO, in this case your .02 might be worth much more.
    too complicated???.....no way, when those people are all wacked out they could or at least they think that they can accomplish anything.
    Just curious how one gains this knowledge?

phebus
    I don't think a professional thief would steal the boat and then launch and use it. Forkin' idiots I say.

squirt'nmyload
    Just curious how one gains this knowledge?
    unfortunately i had a roomate several years ago that started using meth recreationaly, after a short period of time he became a full blown tweaker. he lost his job, spent the day taking things apart to never put them back together, peeking out windows, and thinking that his real friends were out to get him. we tried to get him help but i eventually had to throw him out when he would come home with just about everything that was worth money. (wheels, car stereos, tv's, lifts for trucks, etc) he eventually went and got help and has told me some crazy stories about him and some others stealing cars, trucks, motorcycles and doing just about anything to get what they wanted and never once though about getting caught. by looking at him you would've never known he was abusing drugs either. i havn't seen or heard from him in a couple years but last i heard he was doing great.

squirt'nmyload
    double post....

ULTRA26 # 1
    I don't think a professional thief would steal the boat and then launch and use it. Forkin' idiots I say.
    Neither do I, and I agree about it being idiots.

IDRPSTF
    Good question. Under normal LE conditions, one detective would be more than sufficient. Havasu PD must be way over staffed. Insurance company investigators are no doubt working on this case, as well.
    Insurance investigators are trying to find out how much it will cost to put humpty dumpty back together again.
    Alot of people are posting about having big enough stones or being so stupid as to pop a lock, hook up to a $70,000 boat go to get gas, go to get food and cigarettes, take the boat to the ramp, launch it, and then go boating for an evening. Do not overestimate the lack of respect and confidence in the inabuility of local law enforcment! NM numbers had been changed to AZ. NM plates swaped to CA. A yellow tow cover thrown over the boat. The thieves did not care about getting caught... they prepared for it. They cared about if the cop who caught them was smarter than they were.
    I was on the phone with the first officer when he found the boat "I found your boat... its half sunk but meets the description to a tee". "Oh wait... this isnt it, it says this is a Rinker from Arizona... I'll keep looking".
    Or better yet:
    "I think this could be your trailer... Purple...Twin black Mag spare tires at a 45...Oh wait... Its a California plate...Not yours"
    I would say the thieves have had dealings with Havasu PD in the past. They knew what they were up against and had little to no fear.
    How was the boat found?
    How was the trailer found?
    Who did it?
    Where did they run and hide?
    Lesson number one of stealing boats...
    DONT STEAL FROM PROFFESIONAL THIEFS AND EXPECT TO GET AWAY!!!
    Before starting SmugglersInc I owned a third placement collections agency in California. That means if you default on a loan its 1st place collections. The bank cant find you or the property it goes to 2nd place collections, when they give up the bank writes the property off as a loss and outsources a hopeless file to 3rd place. If its been on the run and knows someone is looking for it... I would find it.
    I had the boat and trailer found at the exact location our investigator led us to 23.5 hours after Greg called from JC to say it was gone.
    I am more confident now more than ever that the 5 detectives working this case will instill confidence in the taxpayers, residents and vacationers to Lake Havasu City in a short period of time.
    They hold in there hands the gift of information given by those who expect results to feel safe doing business in town and contributing to this economy.
    More investigation could have been done and more results found from private individuals.
    I handed off the information I had to local detectives and explained to Mike that I am sorry for his situation. I can tell you all that Mike is a stand up person for how he has handled this mess. I am not sure if LE has reached hime yet to reassure him they will catch everyone involved, but they should have by now.
    As a business owner I feel I have done everything possible to make this situation right and built peoples confidence back to have me sell there merchandise.
    As a person I feel that paying a PI was the right thing to do to expidite getting a boat back to its owner asap.
    The hardest descision to make was handing the information to LE. How bad would you have wanted to wait till the owner gets to town and bust heads if you were in my shoes?
    For now I'll wait and see what LE will do and dodge reporters.

ULTRA26 # 1
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...99PICT0001.jpg
    Here you go
    Strange that the photo date stamp is 9/4/2007 What's up?

BigDoug
    What do you mean "what's up with the date" ?.......that's the day i took this picture and the investigator in the boat told me that they already know who did it and turned themselves in, they just needed to get good solid prints off the boat to match up with the guy for a solid case..

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast