Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Boat

Quest4Fun
    Please give more details about how/when/where she went missing. I know in the other thread you mentioned it was stolen from a shop...which one and when?
    I live in Havasu and will keep my eyes out, but I would guess it has left the area.

Surmike
    Ok so heres what I know so far is that it was for sale at Smugglers Inc and was taken to one of the local shops to have some work done on it probably with in the last two weeks or so and disappeared over this weekend. I'm still trying to get the exact shop and location and will post as soon as I get that info.
    The shop called and told Smugglers inc that it at been locked up and chained over the weekend and that the chains had been cut???

andy01
    Ok so heres what I know so far is that it was for sale at Smugglers Inc and was taken to one of the local shops to have some work done on it probably with in the last two weeks or so and disappeared over this weekend. I'm still trying to get the exact shop and location and will post as soon as I get that info.
    The shop called and told Smugglers inc that it at been locked up and chained over the weekend and that the chains had been cut???
    So Smugglers Inc. takes YOUR boat to a shop and doesn't tell you who/or where it is? Arn't they a pretty new brokerage out there? Boy that is a tuff deal for them, I hope you had the proper insurance. You should always know where your boat is and who has it. Why was it there for a couple of weeks? Man good luck, the cops are going to open a investigation on this one...................... Plus the "chained up" part is so the shop is not liable for your boat, they took the proper measures to insure your boat was secure.
    Andy

wedge44
    look for movement to a nearby storage facility....easy for stripdown of needed parts and such....just an Idea on wear to start the search...wedge

Surmike
    Well Smugglers took it to the shop they felt comfortable with I am told but I haven't gotten all the details on it yet since my contact out there is on his way back into Havi and cell service was breaking up. I know they got estimates in the last few weeks for some work I wanted done and the parts just came in from what I'm being told. Story may not be exact but thats what I got this morning when I got the call.
    And yes I have the boat fully insured for full value.
    This is the last thing I would have expected to happen in Havi but this is me we are talking about. What next I get hit by lightening??? Ha HA
    Anyone every go through this type of thing Not sure how to deal w/ it on one hand I'm pissed on the other I'm confused. and not sure what to direct to who on this situation. And who is liable for it all??

Surmike
    It makes it even harder being six hundred miles away.

jdogginla
    I would think that Smugglers is liable....would be hard to think that they are not. Boat was in their possession on a commission deal unless I am missing something.

Hardly Satisfied
    Sorry to hear, hope someone's see's it around.

Quest4Fun
    Something seems fishy here.

Starloans
    I think I saw that boat in the ally behind JC Marine late last week. I live behind Sunshine RV which is on Maricopa beside JC Marine. I think it was there a couple of days. If that was it, it was sitting outside of a secured area during the day. I didn't notice to see if it was inside at night. I don't recall JC Marine leaving any boats outside at night. I think the RV dealer has night security and cameras.
    Although I don't own a boat now, I did own a DCB for a couple of years.
    Good luck getting your boat back.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast