Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Ac /garage Question

SummerBreeze
    I have a 35 foot deep 2 bay garage that I need to cool down so we can play pool and a little ping pong.
    It gets to flipping hot inside the garage to do anything inside.
    Do any of you guys have any ideas on what to use as for a AC system?
    I rent this place out most of the time. I don't think a swamp cooler would be the way to go.
    I do have a window in the garage but I don't like the idea of a AC system in the window with a 2X4 under the AC unit.
    I could cut a hole in the wall and do a install that way.
    Any Ideas???

Mrs.Racer277
    We have a fairly large garage and use our swamp cooler it seems to work good.

SummitKarl
    I have a 35 foot deep 2 bay garage that I need to cool down so we can play pool and a little ping pong.
    I rent this place out most of the time. I don't think a swamp cooler would be the way to go.
    I do have a window in the garage but I don't like the idea of a AC system in the window with a 2X4 under the AC unit.
    Any Ideas???
    ductless mini split.. is the way to go...perfect for your size garage
    sample mini split system (http://www.shop.com/Amcor_Ductless_Split_AC_-31257951-40674819-p!.shtml)

Havasu1986
    I have a swamp cooler. PM Slowinhavasu. He installed it. He works for Kool Wave.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I have a swamp cooler. PM Slowinhavasu. He installed it. He works for Kool Wave.
    Exactly. Carey is the one to talk to. He'll give you the pros and cons of swamp cooler vs. a/c. If I remember correctly there are certain times of the year, like the monsson season, that the swamper does not work as well.
    As an added bonus you can buy some Boat Bling products from him if you need some.

RaceFace
    I installed a 5000 cfm swamper in my garage in May. 3 car wide and 41 feet deep. Works good UNTIL the humidity goes up....then it becomes a sauna in there!!!

phebus
    Swampers work great about 10 mos. of the year out here. Air conditioning the garage wasn't an option for us due to operating costs..

yopengo
    WhatÂ’s the average cost to put in a swamp cooler for a garage?

westair
    Swampers work great about 10 mos. of the year out here. Air conditioning the garage wasn't an option for us due to operating costs..
    They are less $$ to install to. Swampers also keep your expensive toys from
    drying out when humidity levels are down to nothing.

River Lynchmob
    Any Ideas???
    It sounds like you're looking at about 800 square feet. One question would be how well is the garage insulated? If it is a newer home I'm sure it is insulated well. I personally would do a ductless split as well. I would probably do a 3-ton heat pump due to the extreme temps out there. They mount right to the wall and you would have a couple small holes for the electrical, refrigerant piping and the only onther thing you would have to do is plumb out the condensate. It is a very clean instalation and should be fairly reasonable to install.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast