Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA County Fire Question

SurfOnH20
    Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car . Be proud of what you do and leave it at that. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!

SurfOnH20
    Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car . Be proud of what you do without announcing it to the world. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!

TCN
    I was, 7 years on the east coast, moved out west and I got let go on probation at the 11 month mark. I have been trying for the last few years to get rehired and I always get to back grounds but never past that.
    This info would have made your initial post make more sense. This is more common than you think and not really a big deal unless you stole, lied, AWOL, or any other extreme violation that would mark you for the rest of your attempted career. Just turn your negative into a positive. Be straight with them and tell them you screwed up and obviously you have been successful since then just maybe not doing the job you always wanted to do. Good luck.

OGShocker
    Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car . Be proud of what you do without announcing it to the world. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!
    I put a "My other car is a Black and White" sticker on my Toyota once.
    http://www-ieee.eecs.berkeley.edu/~k...hed_Toyota.jpg
    Don't do that...

UnionJack
    This info would have made your initial post make more sense. This is more common than you think and not really a big deal unless you stole, lied, AWOL, or any other extreme violation that would mark you for the rest of your attempted career. Just turn your negative into a positive. Be straight with them and tell them you screwed up and obviously you have been successful since then just maybe not doing the job you always wanted to do. Good luck.
    Thanks, I have been in contact with the Chief from my old department, and he is helping me out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12