Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: good example of pump pressure taking out a block

IMPATIENT 1
    wasn't exactly to much pressure, the block was either rusted in the water passages or the block had been froze prior to me getting ahold of it. i just had 700 bucks worth of machine work done to it i had a pressure regulator on the inlet, but the pressure musta spiked hard and found the weak spot in the block wasn't a good labor day for me

hotbo
    well tom im sorry for ya bro,be nice to have a dart block know wouldnt it:idea: my best wishes for your recovery after all that has been wrong thiss year for ya.

Sleeper CP
    That elephant snot is ugly. Sorry to see that.
    Hope you didn't hurt anything else.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

gr16241
    How bout a milkshake. It sure makes you sick to your stomach doesn't it. Been there - hope most of the parts are ok.

SBC Jetboat
    didnt you have the block mag tested?

1968Droptop
    JEEZUS Tom, that freakin blows. REALLY sorry to hear/see that !!! Been a trying year for you to say the least. What's your next move ?

Longstr
    That really blows dude... you got a bad ca e of luck...

IMPATIENT 1
    JEEZUS Tom, that freakin blows. REALLY sorry to hear/see that !!! Been a trying year for you to say the least. What's your next move ?
    i've found other blocks , just lookin for a unmolested 1 to start with.
    yes, i had the block magged, you'd never been able to see it where it came thru at. it left a hole big enough to plug up with a pinky finger, i don't see any crackin around the hole.
    everything in the block is fine, all the bearings still look new pistons are unhurt. yeah, i'm pissed but at this point in the yr. i could care less other than the $$$$. i was plannin on yanking it all back out next month anyways, sell my ole blower set-up, buy a new 8-71, step up the cam and springs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast