Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: good example of pump pressure taking out a block

IMPATIENT 1
    well tom im sorry for ya bro,be nice to have a dart block know wouldnt it:idea: my best wishes for your recovery after all that has been wrong thiss year for ya.
    lol, i was lookin at them last nite, be nice to run a 632:devil: i think brad mills has a unmolested block that spun a main, maybe he'll let it go cheap.i called larry last nite for info. someone gave me 2 blocks , but both are rouuuuggghhhh

Devilman
    Maybe its a sign that you should be building another Ford....

Longstr
    I agree...

motormonkey
    Its good to hear you want to keep boating after hearing about your summer so far.:jawdrop: I'm suprised with all the machine work that it wasnt sonic checked.

IMPATIENT 1
    dude, ya don't even know i had my sj sitting next to this tx-19 for 2months, the sj had a fresh 11 to 1 forged 460 in it, i should've made the swap before sellin the sj

IMPATIENT 1
    Its good to hear you want to keep boating after hearing about your summer so far.:jawdrop: I'm suprised with all the machine work that it wasnt sonic checked.
    block was sonic tested, i had it bored 100 over
    the block broke in the cam gallery near #7 cyl. no matter how it was checked, there's no way to see up in their with the naked eye. i didn't see cracks around the hole so i assume it rusted while sitting up on its bellhousing for a few yrs., then got built with a weak spot.i'll try to get a pic of the hole, but i'm gonna have to shoot it off my mirror to get an angle to see it.
    i spent 700 on this block, magging, sonic testing, boring, line honing , decking, cam bearings at a reputable machine shop. i don't have ill will towards them, they did their jobs, shit happens.

hotbo
    dude, ya don't even know i had my sj sitting next to this tx-19 for 2months, the sj had a fresh 11 to 1 forged 460 in it, i should've made the swap before sellin the sj
    blah-blah:jawdrop: bullshit,they can all blow no matter the make.like you said tom shit happens and you done your job and the machine shop done theres so it wasnt meant to be i wish you the best and ill ask around here for ya.later trav.

Devilman
    I hear ya. Just one of them deals, I been there. That Ford was pushing the SJ to low 80s, so it more than likely would have had that TX in the 90s easily. Not tryin to rub salt in the wound, I was just sayin.....

IMPATIENT 1
    blah-blah:jawdrop: bullshit,they can all blow no matter the make.like you said tom shit happens and you done your job and the machine shop done theres so it wasnt meant to be i wish you the best and ill ask around here for ya.later trav.
    lol, yeah yeah i know.i think brad is gonna sell me the block that came outta the lp, the 1st 1 gotta call him and run up there this weekend. i'd like to get the motor back together on a stand before xmas so i can concentrate on a bigger blower set-up/dominators in the spring. nothing left to do to the hull so i guess i'll hang it from the ceiling in my shop and rebuild the trailer.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I really didnt want to open this thread but I did:cry::cry:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast