Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: good example of pump pressure taking out a block

IMPATIENT 1
    I really didnt want to open this thread but I did:cry::cry:
    lol, mike i just can hit a lick this summer brother oh well, i was wanting to run more boost anyways and this block wasn't o-ring'd, guess i've got the time now to do that

Sleeper CP
    Maybe its a sign that you should be building another Ford....
    Yeah ... What he said.
    My Bro and I pull up to the sand bar at Aha Quin and this guy makes a bee line to the boat to say "Hi". Says "my son has been reading about your boat on the net, you're the Ford guys aren't you? Well I got a 428 FE on Nitrous in my jet boat over there" Needless to say we were instant friends. He and his son are really nice guys.
    A 428 on Nos Talk about dare to be different
    Sleeper CP

ck7684
    Dang...what kind of regulator were you running? Is it normal for them to spike pressure??

IMPATIENT 1
    Dang...what kind of regulator were you running? Is it normal for them to spike pressure??
    i bought mine at a plumbing store, its just a basic well pump regulator, and its goin in the trash now the water pressure should've blown a gasket or hose off , not blow a hole in the block, the block was just shit.
    i'm stepping up my blower set-up if anyone is looking for a cheap 6-71 to bolt on.1600.00 with everything, including carbs and linkage.it ain't pretty but it'll put out 10-11lbs at 30%over on my 475bbc.new bearings and gaskets installed 2yrs ago.

1968Droptop
    At least nothing was hurt, save for the block. Did you hear it go ? Also glad to see your attitude is all good. What can you do, except build it better/faster/stronger. Nothing $$$$$$$$$ won't fix

@theRVR
    i bought mine at a plumbing store, its just a basic well pump regulator, and its goin in the trash now the water pressure should've blown a gasket or hose off , not blow a hole in the block, the block was just shit.
    i'm stepping up my blower set-up if anyone is looking for a cheap 6-71 to bolt on.1600.00 with everything, including carbs and linkage.it ain't pretty but it'll put out 10-11lbs at 30%over on my 475bbc.new bearings and gaskets installed 2yrs ago.
    Why not put a check valve set at 20 or so lbs. in after the regulator, that way if it all goes to h*ll or builds to much pressure the check will open, not pressurizing the engine and components? :idea:

IMPATIENT 1
    At least nothing was hurt, save for the block. Did you hear it go ? Also glad to see your attitude is all good. What can you do, except build it better/faster/stronger. Nothing $$$$$$$$$ won't fix
    i felt and herd a "change" looked back and seen smoke, started letting out and then my oil plug in the v/cover shot out at mach 2 followed by the white oil slick before the slick could hit the water, i'd already shut the motor off, i was rockin along at 90+ when i did it.nothing expensive is hurt, just the block.
    i'm trying to keep a positive attitude drop, wtf can i do about it now but make it stronger/faster:devil: if it were june or july, i'd be beside myself

PE826
    Impatient,
    Does the blower set up include the manifold? and could you send me a couple of pics?
    Thanks
    J
    Svt2224@yahoo.com

Unchained
    It's too bad you've had a string of engine problems this year.
    The water pressure regulators I've seen are only a ball and spring setup and can't bypass enough water volume to make much of a difference. I always had to restrict the water flow right at the fitting on the pump. I found that a 5/16" orifice size was plenty to feed the engine and intercooler.

IMPATIENT 1
    Impatient,
    Does the blower set up include the manifold? and could you send me a couple of pics?
    Thanks
    J
    Svt2224@yahoo.com
    yes, email sent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast