Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: good example of pump pressure taking out a block

IMPATIENT 1
    It's too bad you've had a string of engine problems this year.
    The water pressure regulators I've seen are only a ball and spring setup and can't bypass enough water volume to make much of a difference. I always had to restrict the water flow right at the fitting on the pump. I found that a 5/16" orifice size was plenty to feed the engine and intercooler.
    that's where i regulated at man, i put a well pump pressure regulator that's preset at 30psi on the inlet coming from the pump. then i ran 3/4 from it , split that to the block with 5/8, and had 1 5/8 hose dumping outgoin water. the temp always stayed around 150-170.
    the more i've looked at this block the more i'm convinced that it stood in the corner of a barn or something for awhile on its bellhousing side tilted back on the alignment pins, the water pooled in the part that blew out and rusted for a few yrs

Longstr
    Any luck from Mills, Tom?

IMPATIENT 1
    Any luck from Mills, Tom?
    nah, i worked late last nite and didn't want to bother him to late in the nite.i'm not to worried about a block right now, i've got a ton of them around me i talked to trav last nite and he thinks i need to go back nitrous, sure got's me thinking big 2-stage 500hp shot would be hard to beat in a 1000ft:devil: and if i sell the blower set-up, i'll have all the money needed to do it.

Longstr
    I agree!!! just get you 2 20lb bottles one mounted on each side of your stringers.... I was looking at some 2 stage kits for mine 250- then 400 from NOS... :devil:

IMPATIENT 1
    I agree!!! just get you 2 20lb bottles one mounted on each side of your stringers.... I was looking at some 2 stage kits for mine 250- then 400 from NOS... :devil:
    i was thinkin more along the lines of 2 10lb bottles mounted in the boat carry 2 more for extras

Longstr
    i was thinkin more along the lines of 2 10lb bottles mounted in the boat carry 2 more for extras
    you will burn through 10 lbs pretty fast... especially with a two stage system, the 20 lb bottle is 27 in long by 8 in dia... not to big

IMPATIENT 1
    you will burn through 10 lbs pretty fast... especially with a two stage system, the 20 lb bottle is 27 in long by 8 in dia... not to big
    i'd have to sell my pistons and bump compression up to 13 to 1, then have my shiat rebalanced cause the dome pistons weigh @70grams more each then again a 9.5 to 1 motor could take alot of nitrous and be pump gas freindly on the normal lake days:idea:

Longstr
    i'd have to sell my pistons and bump compression up to 13 to 1, then have my shiat rebalanced cause the dome pistons weigh @70grams more each then again a 9.5 to 1 motor could take alot of nitrous and be pump gas freindly on the normal lake days:idea:
    I think you could use a "FRIENDLY" motor next year

IMPATIENT 1
    I think you could use a "FRIENDLY" motor next year
    lmao ain't that the truth!!! my wife even told me to switch back to nitrous, the whine gets on her nerves

Longstr
    Juice it TOM!!!!
    NOS turns a close race into an ass whooooping... :devil:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234