Thread: Lil' Help

H2451
    Have a Evinrude 150 that has a fried 5th cylinder. Is this an easy fix? Can it be repaired, replaced, or reworked? Do I need to start looking for used Outboards? The only thing of any value was the motor. Any input related to this subject would be greatly appreciated.

HavasuDreamin'
    You have options. Depends on how bad the 5th cylinder is scored. Was there any other damage aside from a scored cylinder. If your cylinder is scored real bad, you can re-sleave the cylinder. If it is not too bad, it can be bored out and have a slightly larger piston put in it. Do not trash the block or motor just because you have one bad cylinder. Good Luck

H2451
    Thanks I appreciate the help.

WILDTHING
    Just took out 5-piston's on mine and 1 is going to oversized...cheaper than new for me only 5-new-20grand....

snappertapper
    well like hd said depends on how bad the 5th cylinder is could just need to bored or could need a new sleave will need a new piston though not too expensive, you are looking at anywhere form $1500-$3500, anything less than $1500 i would be leary of
    just my $.02

ratso
    Less than $1500...be leery of...kinda like a transom job eh snapper. (just joking snapper)
    He is right though, most of ours, depending on how bad run $1500-$2500 on a V-6.