Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Nacimiento peeps!

H2O
    Hey Naci peeps!
    How was the lake level last weekend? Lot's of obstacles to avoid or is it still OK?
    Last time I went was in July. They were down to one ramp at the resort, and while the level was low it did not hamper our enjoyment of the lake.
    Is the water level now low enough to interfere with the enjoyment of the lake?? We had planned to go to Naci this weekend, but should we think about San Antonio instead?
    Thanks!

IT'SONLYMONEY
    we were there as well right at the mouth entering las tablas. only 10feet at it's deepest.
    those rangers weren't messing around when they came flying in there to grab that drunk chick. that had to be an expensive and painfull stomach pump. ouch.
    lake was super low but been there when it was worse. we only did the sat thing and decided to pack up and go home. we ended up going over to heritage ramp and droped anchor to finish the day off away from all the crazies.
    hope everyone had a good time and was safe
    until next time

kylesbds
    Its low but its not empty. I was out there all weekend the water is starting to get pretty dirty. They have all the shallow spots marked for the most part but it is a good ides to stay in the middle where ever you go. Did you also see the fight on a red Malibu on saturday? I had a front row seat to that one. But tell everyone its empty that lake is getting busier every year.

gfinch
    I was there both Saturday and Monday. You better be careful there are places where it goes from 60' to 2' in a couple of yards. I was fishing in Las Tablas out in the middle on Monday sitting in less then 8' with boats going past on both sides. 20' to my left was a 8' deep ledge with stumps on baseball sized rock.
    As to center markers and moving them you would think they would have moved the main launch ramp dock so it doesn't block off one of the lanes before the weekend.
    I'll be there fishing a tournament Saturday. I'll be in my white with red Allison w/ a big noisy Johnson eggbeater on the back. Be nice and wave but be careful cuz I'm probably in shallow water.

mike37
    I was there both Saturday and Monday. You better be careful there are places where it goes from 60' to 2' in a couple of yards. I was fishing in Las Tablas out in the middle on Monday sitting in less then 8' with boats going past on both sides. 20' to my left was a 8' deep ledge with stumps on baseball sized rock.
    As to center markers and moving them you would think they would have moved the main launch ramp dock so it doesn't block off one of the lanes before the weekend.
    I'll be there fishing a tournament Saturday. I'll be in my white with red Allison w/ a big noisy Johnson eggbeater on the back. Be nice and wave but be careful cuz I'm probably in shallow water.
    were you in an Eliminator deck boat on Monday

mike37
    We were there this last weekend and we didnt have a problem with it at all. The only thing I noticed that could cause some issue when its busy (which it really wasnt this last weekend) is right out of the main ramp on the right side is REALLY shallow with low water markers out and they havent adjusted the center line of the lake in that area yet. Also, going towards Las Tables it gets really narrow in one area and all the damn roll bar boats HAVE to slow down so they can plow the water right thought there and screw everything up. Other than those 2 things I'd say just heed the low water markers and be careful when you are in a cove. Other than that, have fun!
    we went by the ski cove on Saturday but did not see you there

H2O
    I was out there all weekend the water is starting to get pretty dirty.
    Too uninviting to swim? I know that's a matter of opinion, but would it pass the girlie test? - Would your (sober) wife/girlfriend have any qualms about getting in?

gfinch
    were you in an deck boat on Monday
    No, as I said I was fishing out of my Allison. I did try to get a 24'+ Eliminator to go, it had 5 males in it butt didn't want to play. Went by them 3 times, Oh well.

IT'SONLYMONEY
    Its low but its not empty. I was out there all weekend the water is starting to get pretty dirty. They have all the shallow spots marked for the most part but it is a good ides to stay in the middle where ever you go. Did you also see the fight on a red Malibu on saturday? I had a front row seat to that one. But tell everyone its empty that lake is getting busier every year.
    saw the boat missed the fight. the two pontoon boats were all paso fire fighters that we knew but chose to keep the distance since the boat is for sale and i had my kid with me. glad i did now

kylesbds
    Too uninviting to swim? I know that's a matter of opinion, but would it pass the girlie test? - Would your (sober) wife/girlfriend have any qualms about getting in?
    If your back in las tablas on the weekend it gets sturred up with mud. But it kind of depends on where you are at on the lake. Everyone still goes in without question especially when its as hot as it was last weekend. Its just not the water it usually is when water level is higher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast