Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Weekend Recap

Ryphraph
    I think the sunshine state is Florida. Ca is the The Golden State.
    I thought Denver was the sunshine state...
    Ryph

Baja Big Dog
    It seems odd that someone would actually take time out of their day to write an article on 66% of the arrests being residents of California.... Seemed as how tourism is the main support for Havasu, it would seem a little too obvious that the people are coming from California. Many (not all) locals are either retired and dont boat on holiday weekends, or dont have the income in order to boat, due to the city being a tourist based town and not having many "white collar" opportunities there. Many Nevada residents it seems would stay up on their lakes, especially since they are soooo freekin big compared to Havasu. Californian's dont have a lake the size of Havasu near by (except the guys running ocean boats), so it only makes sense that most of the people in Havasu would be from California.
    That journalist is a jacka$$... (hello, my name is Mr. Obvious, let me write a report to make California tourists look bad)
    WTF...thought the article was interesting, unless your were one of the Cali peps that left on probation!!!

Captain Dan
    It seems odd that someone would actually take time out of their day to write an article on 66% of the arrests being residents of California.... Seemed as how tourism is the main support for Havasu, it would seem a little too obvious that the people are coming from California. Many (not all) locals are either retired and dont boat on holiday weekends, or dont have the income in order to boat, due to the city being a tourist based town and not having many "white collar" opportunities there. Many Nevada residents it seems would stay up on their lakes, especially since they are soooo freekin big compared to Havasu. Californian's dont have a lake the size of Havasu near by (except the guys running ocean boats), so it only makes sense that most of the people in Havasu would be from California.
    That journalist is a jacka$$... (hello, my name is Mr. Obvious, let me write a report to make California tourists look bad)
    The last time I looked at a map - 1/2 of Lake Havasu IS CALIFORNIA !

LOWRIVER2
    Hey City guy,
    I was told a guy I know was arrested for "criminal littering" Something to do with having a glass bottle outside the boat in the channel. He got booked and because his buddie's did'nt post bail in two hours, he got shipped to Kingman. This was Sun, he got released Tues. afternoon.
    Any truth to this criminal littering charge? Or only half the story?
    Thanks.

CityGuy
    I located a report that indicates on Sunday at about 5:20pm, a 36-year old man was arrested for criminal littering in the Channel. According to the report, he was holding a glass bottle while standing in the water and submerged the bottle allowing it to sink to the bottom when he was approached by the officer. He was arrested and charged with criminal littering after refusing to retrieve the bottle as instructed by the officer.
    Those are all the facts I have, but it's quite possible he spent two days in Kingman if he pleaded guilty and was unable to post bond after his initial hearing before the LHC Magistrate, which was likely sometime after 7pm the night he was arrested.
    That's usually how it goes if you're guilty. Sentence: two days in jail, 12 moths unsupervised probation, $500 fine. If you can pay your fine and post bond right now, the jail time is suspended and you can go. That's just a typical scenario. Your mileage may vary.
    CC

phebus
    Should have just held his head under water until he managed to come up with it. Focktard.

Mr. C
    Should have just held his head under water until he managed to come up with it. Focktard.
    I don't know why but GOONI GOO GOO comes to mind. (except he would of come up with fish)
    WTF why not just pick it up, instead of all the hassle he went thru?

Kilrtoy
    If he is a friend of LR, I highly doubt he refused to pick it up. They probably just walked down and hooked him up , no questions asked or given by them

catman-do
    WTF...thought the article was interesting, unless your were one of the Cali peps that left on probation!!!
    Nope, not me. I dont drink and drive, and I tend to be a fairly peacefull guy. However, there are so many locals that cant stand the tourists coming into town, so, to me it sounds as if this journalist is writing an article for the locals in order to place blame on CA (before people get in about half the lake being in CA "captain dan") I am not refering to the 200 people that live on the California side of the lake. I am refering to the 20-30k that come from the Metropolitain area's of So Cal, didnt know I would have to be so specific. Thought it would have been aparent that by my statement and the obvious numbers of people coming from socal that I was talking about the metro area.

Baja Big Dog
    Saw a kid about two years ago that steped on a piece of glass in the channel, Ill bet it took 40 plus stiches to sew him up, but the worst part was seeing him in pain, talk about wanting to kill someone......
    Tow days in jail....they let him off easy!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast