Thread: 460 Jet

kyriverrat
    I have a promblem maybe some body can help me with.With the starter that is on the boat now,the dist turns one way an the oil pump needs to turn the other way to pump oil ,it is getting my last nerve on this .Thanks for any help i get.

twowheeledfish
    huh?

Ralph Brunt
    I have a promblem maybe some body can help me with.With the starter that is on the boat now,the dist turns one way an the oil pump needs to turn the other way to pump oil ,it is getting my last nerve on this .Thanks for any help i get.
    now if i understand you right, the dizzy needs to be counter clockwise and if the motor is not then you need a rev rotation starter. or let me ask where is your starter mounted.
    which way is the motor turning??

kyriverrat
    the starter is on the bellhousing,from the back it's in the 10 oclock range.An yes the pump has too turn to the left to pump oil but the dist turns right ,if you are standing inthe boat looking back at the engine.

Ralph Brunt
    you need a rev rotation starter or move it to the orginal location

victorfb
    wrong starter, get the expensive one and your golden.

Squirtin Thunder
    Most stock type bellhousings for the Fords will alow for top and low mount starters, so you can get a stock type starter and you should be running and pumping oil.:sleeping: