Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apache Lake info and ?'sssss

AZJD
    Going this weekend and I need to know if I should take the boat.
    29' Warlock......... Too big?
    Can't find much on the web, any input appreciated!

tucson_boat_guy
    That is a big boat. Where are you coming from? That may be a bit big to go through fish creek hill. May be better to go via Roosevelt.
    The lake is great. Even if there is people there the water is not that rough. Not like Havasu or the bigger lakes.
    Have fun wish I could meet you there.

lake p.a.l.
    Going this weekend and I need to know if I should take the boat.
    29' Warlock......... Too big?
    Can't find much on the web, any input appreciated!
    You will love the lake. I would not take your Warlock thru fish creek going past Canyon Lake. I would either go thru Roosevelt or take Highway 87 north towards Payson and enter from the top part of Roosevelt Lake, which is my preference. Take your cover and put it on before the road turns to dirt or you will spend hours trying to clean your Warlock before you put it in. Be patient once you hit the dirt because it is a washboard. Take the boat and have a great weekend.

squirt'nmyload
    with your truck i'd definately go down the roosevelt way....some rocks stick out at some of the turns and your truck might be too high.......i wouldn't chance fish creek hill......aj took his truck and old scarab up fish creek hill so ask him about it.....last time i was there someone was pulling in with a 30 magic coming down the roosevelt way.......what day are you going???
    definately COVER THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lake p.a.l.
    The lake is absolutely fantastic once you get there. Not always the best for people watching but great for boating, skiing, boarding.

2Driver
    As far as the lake is concerned take the boat for sure. As far as towing I would only go in via Roosevelt. Even then the tow to the Marina is nuts. 1 1/2 lane blind turns, big drop offs and there is lots of wash board. Give your a trailer a check over for loose boards and bolts before you go and strap her down. Expect to get dirty. If you have a tonneau cover snap it on. I put the full cover on my boat and thought it would help going real slow. Wrong the boat was just as dirty.
    You can always launch at the camping area and save yourself some miles in to the Marina but then your trailer is back there.
    Here is the easy part.
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...1&d=1189027351

squirt'nmyload
    don't forget a tonto pass. i don't know if you need one if your staying at the hotel though.

AZJD
    don't forget a tonto pass. i don't know if you need one if your staying at the hotel though.
    What is a tonto pass, and do I need it if I am just camping with no boat?
    Thanks everyone for the info.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast