Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New DLP HDMI TV

Not So Fast
    I have been wanting one for some while now and finally did. Aftre selling the Rhino last week it all came together this week, Soundbank delivered today my Samsung hlt 6178 S LED LIGHT ENGINE DLP 61"and matching table after watching on this after noon and evening I am amazed I waited this long, simply put AWESOME especially aftr getting the HDMI cable hookup, very sweet, very!!!!!!!!!!! SPORTS @ MOUNTAIN @ OCEAN shots are sureal nodoubt, Thanks to JYRUIZ and JOSH at SoundBank. Good info and advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
    REVIEW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    AFTER 3 DAYS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is without a doubt the most impressive advancement the my old ass has seen. I turned on the Cal/Tenn. game last nite and holy crap, it was spellbinding. The picture (whatever resolution or bandwidth it was) was just hard to take your eyes off of, DAMN, the clarity and the colors of a football game is hard to imagine. If it sounds like I'm gushing,well I am!! For the satisfaction factor this tops anything I've ever puchased (maybe not my 63 Sport Fury/426 wedge, 112mph@12.60sec. in 1963 no less!!) including a lot of new cars, boats, Rhinos, motorcycles, sound systems. The WOW factor of sitting in your own home and seeing this is to me just an incredible experience. Problem is that all non HD programs look like a beer with no head on it or a flat chested (.) (.) you know what.
    Best thing I've bought in quite some time, cant wait fot the Chargers game in HD!!!!!!!!!! NSF PS Cal is explosive!!!!!!!!!

BoatPI
    But why a DLP, they are giving them away as i understand about to stop production. In todays ads you can get a new Panasonic plasma 50" for
    $1,299.

OGShocker
    I have been wanting one for some while now and finally did. Aftre selling the Rhino last week it all came together this week, Soundbank delivered today my Samsung hlt 6178 S LED LIGHT ENGINE DLP 61"and matching table after watching on this after noon and evening I am amazed I waited this long, simply put AWESOME especially aftr getting the HDMI cable hookup, very sweet, very!!!!!!!!!!! SPORTS @ MOUNTAIN @ OCEAN shots are sureal nodoubt, Thanks to JYRUIZ and JOSH at SoundBank. Good info and advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
    Good for you! Hope you enjoy the Raider games this season!
    As in the "Bolts" kickin' their azzes!!

TCN
    We have that TV too and it is great. We had the 720 and had a few problems due to first generation but they warranteed it for us and upgraded to the 1080p and the picture is sooooo much better. Costco has the whole set up for under 2,500 with the HDMI cable pack, just saw it yesterday. Nick

Redwing247
    What's new ???
    Enjoy the TV, now don't stop there, make sure don't skimp on the audio system.

Not So Fast
    But why a DLP, they are giving them away as i understand about to stop production. In todays ads you can get a new Panasonic plasma 50" for
    $1,299.
    Looked at them all and Plasma at the 60" size was over priced and not many to choose from IMO, so the new DLP seemed right, especially with the newer light source.
    As far as enjoying the Raiders, HAH HAH
    Sound system I had already, which is Polk Audio, Yamaha Reciever, small but sounds good to me. The biggest thing is the picture when the signal is right, It is just unbelievable and we're enjoying the heck out of it!!
    When you live up here delivery for any large item is a bitch so to save a couple of hundy's over having SoundBank do it all made it so much easier. They matched Best Buys price anyway. I could have went to say, Buy.Com for the same set and saved that much but then shipping, set up etc. became a problem, nope, for me its peace of mind.
    As I said I cant believe I've waited this long but then I stayed with that lousy ass NPG Cable for 4 years before I switched to Direct TV which is head and shoulders better.
    If you dont have Hi Def and can afford it you are really cheating yourself out of a veiwing pleasure I've never experienced before, I watch anything now just to see the picture. Thanks, NSF

Ms.Havasu
    We use soundbank for everything, they are great.
    Michele

Jyruiz
    $1,299.
    They are giving the 720p and color wheel models away and will be doing away with them in the near future, but DLP is not going anywhere any time soon.

BoatPI
    If you want sound, try the Yamaha RXV-2600 or RXV-2700.

a catered life
    Good for you! Hope you enjoy the Raider games this season!
    raider hater

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast