Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any eastsiders headed to Saguaro

boatgonewild
    Just checking to see who is going,... and what days......
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ictures638.jpg

cruser
    So, I'm new to the area and am wondering how early one has to get to Saguaro to get on the water on a Labor Day weekend. I went to Saguaro earlier in the year in a friend's boat and one of my friends ended up waiting for 2 hours in the parking lot to launch.
    This same friend isn't going out this weekend because he says it gets kinda crazy with boats going every which way. I would hate to get hit or hit someone with my wife and grandson on board.
    Also, with a lot of boats on the water, just getting back to Sandy beach might not be much fun. Looked to me that the main part of Saguaro can get pretty lumpy.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I will be hitch hiking out there on sunday

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    So, I'm new to the area and am wondering how early one has to get to Saguaro to get on the water on a Labor Day weekend. I went to Saguaro earlier in the year in a friend's boat and one of my friends ended up waiting for 2 hours in the parking lot to launch.
    This same friend isn't going out this weekend because he says it gets kinda crazy with boats going every which way. I would hate to get hit or hit someone with my wife and grandson on board.
    Also, with a lot of boats on the water, just getting back to Sandy beach might not be much fun. Looked to me that the main part of Saguaro can get pretty lumpy.
    i would be there at 8-9am. You will get good parking and good water until 10am. The beach should be full of........well um um um, you know what I mean

cave
    cruser, with a tunnel you will have good water for most of the day. Glass between 4 & 6 am but sunrise is later in the am this time of year.
    I'm trying to make it out Sunday & Monday. Family stuff may take precedence. Historically, the holidays are nicer at Saguaro since most are at the River, Apache or Roosevelt.
    If you get to Saguaro after 8 am you are in the overflow.
    Hope to see you all there.

squirt'nmyload
    go early......or come with us to blythe on sunday

boatgonewild
    we were going to go to parker , but the water is so rough even on shore, thats one thing i like about the beach is you never worry about getting swamped..... about 25 years ago i saw a pickelfork get swamped, it just slide back into deeper water, we raced around put a line to the bow and pulled it back out of the water, just about 12" of the forks werent submerged...... You ask what lake Buena vista ,Ca
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...oatpics410.jpg

eliminated1
    Count me in for all 3 days at the lake . Even though i bought a prop boat I hope i can still hang with the eastsider. Eastsiders for life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    <---- the boatless eastsider

dragstr19
    mabe this sunday i can get her out for the first time this year. and if all goes well monday too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast