Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optima Batteries???

78TaylorSS460
    Just wondering if Optima was a "bad word" around here. I know some people that love the and then some people that hate them. I had a yellow top in my old Z71 and it worked fine. I don't have any experience with the marine ones though. Is this the best battery? I know they're really expencive but just wondering.
    Eric

pro53
    I got a Red top, has been in there a couple of years with no problems.

RitcheyRch
    I have Optimas in all my vehicles over the years and have only had problems with one.

Jet Hydro
    I just replaced a red top that was 2 years old.

'75 Miller
    Unfortunately I think their quality might be hit and miss. As you've pointed out there are folks on here that don't like 'em, due to bad experiences. I bought a deep cycle marine a little over 2 years ago that was dead/wouldn't take a charge. I took it back and they exchanged it for the one I have now, which I've never had a problem with.

One thing with Optimas you can't overcharge them, meaning more than 10 amps I believe it is. I've used them with good success in all vehicles the past few years. In boats that don't get used all the time I keep a battery tender on and no problems.

Bobbo541
    I've had a blue top in my dragboat for 6 years without a problem.

LMG
    once they go dead for a bit, toss em'. Make sure they are "fresh" when you get one. I own a few and love them(knock on wood)...

Slacker
    Unfortunately I think their quality might be hit and miss. As you've pointed out there are folks on here that don't like 'em, due to bad experiences. I bought a deep cycle marine a little over 2 years ago that was dead/wouldn't take a charge. I took it back and they exchanged it for the one I have now, which I've never had a problem with.
    same here, also have a yellow in my truck and never had a problem, going on 6 years now.

PLACECRAFT20
    I have had a bunch of red tops with no problems. I have left then on the shelf for a year and dropped them in a vehicle and they start up. I always charge them on the 2 amp setting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast