Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Optima Batteries???

wet77
    Have a optima in the Jeep, Chevy, and the boat.
    Rexone is right on the battery tender I use one for the boat and it works great
    None of that get to the boat landing and CLICK.....CLICK

78TaylorSS460
    Well, when I get paid, Optima it is then! My brother just bought one for his Natique (spelling). I'll see hoe his does.

RitcheyRch
    I have a few chargers that are specifically geared towards Optima batteries.
    One thing with Optimas you can't overcharge them, meaning more than 10 amps I believe it is. I've used them with good success in all vehicles the past few years. In boats that don't get used all the time I keep a battery tender on and no problems.

boats&bars
    get a digital charger. like rexone said 10 amps max, we fried 2 yellows and 2 blues in my dads ocean boat , they were a week old. dont use 30 amp quick charge features on the charger.

Mrs.Moose on the loose
    We have a blue top in our boat and I can say no problems. I will tell ya that Costco sells them for a great price. Check them out.

Ken F
    The local dealer here in Springfield MO is a pretty good friend. He told me he would not own a red top for one of his own vehicles. He couldn't count how many of them he's had come back. However the yellows he's only had two returned in 8 years.
    I've got yellows in the boat and the truck for 3 years now, no problems with either.
    Ken F

Cas
    I've had 3 red tops, all failed. The last one is still on my garage so I decided to try that drop thing I read about. I dropped it earlier today from about 18" and it's now on the charger. I don't know if that was a BS story about dropping it but what the hell, it wasn't going to hurt anything

Devilman
    Wal-Mart, deep cycle marine battery, around 60 bucks. Had one in my boat since 2004 & it still perfectly fine. If it craps out, take it back, pay the 5 bucks & get another one.....

amatosanger
    I own 5 redtop optimas , I put them in every vehicle I own. Never had any problems, they come with 3 year no questions asked warranty ( pro rated after that).

I was in the automotive industry for the last 18 yrs. I've seen an average life of a regular battery about 3 yrs. I'm truly amazed my yellow top is going on 7 + yrs. It's seen 4 yrs in Tucson and coming up on 4 yrs in Illinois. (watch, it'll freakin die tomorrow)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast