Thread: 20.8 lavey seabring question

TOBTEK
    as noted in another thread. My Brother blew the 225 promax apart on his 20.8 laveycraft seabring Tunnel. Looks like anyway you cut it its 3500-4500 plus misc parts and labor to get him floating again with a rebuilt 225 powerhead. IM telling him to spend some extra $$$$ for more power. We have found a 2000 300pm(thanks les) for 8000 with the remains of his complete motor. QUESTION will his LAVEY handle this motor without any handling issue's? I have seen another 20.8 AT lavey that was forsale. Bro called lavey today to ask some questions and they were saying they didnt do much research with outboards on that boat(I sure have seen alot for sale with outboards mostly 2.5 though)So does anyone know this boat very well? any issue's known with the extra weight of the 300? BTW how much more does the 300 weigh over his 225? Thanks for any help.......tobtek

XFactor
    Toby,
    Call Mike at North County Mobile Electronics (760)967-1100. Mike has a 99 20.8 Lavey with a 300 ProMax. Maybe he can answer some of your brothers questions.

TOBTEK
    XFactor:
    Toby,
    Call Mike at North County Mobile Electronics (760)967-1100. Mike has a 99 20.8 Lavey with a 300 ProMax. Maybe he can answer some of your brothers questions. you da man! I'll have him give mike a call tomorrow. hmmmm 300hp's or 225 hp what would you pick wink Do you know anything about his boat X? topend, stability, ect?

XFactor
    Top end is 81-82mph. Boat rides real nice. Mikes boat is a bow-rider and carries extra weight up front that probably slows it down. He's running a 26 bravo lab finished. I think he likes the performance of the prop. His boat is awesome. Real clean, nice graphics and typical Lavey high quality.

firehat
    Het gang...Thanks for all the help! by the way i am tobys bro... Richie at lakeland has set me up with a 2000 300pm for my lavey.should push the boat around better than the 225, can't wait to get it wet! I have a couple of questions and could use your help! richie is installing a sportmaster with stock shaft, how much work is involved in replacing it with a fat shaft? and should i even think in those lines? also i have a supper plate bolted on the back of my rig, made by T&R marine is this beefy enough for my motor? and last does anyone have a bravo1 26 for sale ? thanks for all the help and i will see you on the water

TOBTEK
    firehat:
    Het gang...Thanks for all the help! by the way i am tobys bro... Richie at lakeland has set me up with a 2000 300pm for my lavey.should push the boat around better than the 225, can't wait to get it wet! I have a couple of questions and could use your help! richie is installing a sportmaster with stock shaft, how much work is involved in replacing it with a fat shaft? and should i even think in those lines? also i have a supper plate bolted on the back of my rig, made by T&R marine is this beefy enough for my motor? and last does anyone have a bravo1 26 for sale ? thanks for all the help and i will see you on the water If you Had a FATTER shaft wink you could try my 26 Labbed bravo, when I get my new Maximas that is ....and welcome to the boards BRO! its about time.