Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Spectra can take rough water now!

dm2bfree
    So after reading all this, I'm going to work on adapting a custom ride plate for my Berkeley JC.. I have a couple (of hopefully not too dumb) questions though..
    I will probably be mounting it to the transom adapter like 'cas' pictured in this thread, does anyone think the transom adapter is too week to be mounted too? I'm kind of scared of screwing it up if it's not strong enough to be bolted too..
    Anyone know where to get a chunk of it, think I'm going to go with 1/4" alum, anyone think it should be thicker? I'm in the SoCal area..
    How do you measure the angle of the ride plate and anyone know a good starting point for the degree up or down?
    Thanks in advance!

bp
    So after reading all this, I'm going to work on adapting a custom ride plate for my Berkeley JC.. I have a couple (of hopefully not too dumb) questions though..
    I will probably be mounting it to the transom adapter like 'cas' pictured in this thread, does anyone think the transom adapter is too week to be mounted too? I'm kind of scared of screwing it up if it's not strong enough to be bolted too..
    Anyone know where to get a chunk of it, think I'm going to go with 1/4" alum, anyone think it should be thicker? I'm in the SoCal area..
    How do you measure the angle of the ride plate and anyone know a good starting point for the degree up or down?
    Thanks in advance!
    bolting it to the t/a should be fine.
    1/4" or 5/16" will work fine, but if you can find some 1" angle, brace the thing or it will bow.
    compare plate ange to keel angle next to the intake. it's good to start somewhere between 0 and 2 degrees up.
    don't know where the metal yards are in socal. every one i've been to has a "leftover" pile. just scour those areas for what you want - if you have them slice you any new pieces, it'll get real pricy real quick...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345