Thread: Sanding tips

IndianaTahiti
    I removed the rub rails and glassed in the seam and holes,what grit of paper do you guys use to blend in the glass before the application of mar-glass?(d/a sander) Any help would be appreciated. Steve

pw_Tony
    36-80 grit
    If you're careful with 36 grit it would be done right and faster. But if you're uneasy on sanding abilities then 80 grit would work out too

victorfb
    80 grit will cut super fast so be careful. i wouldnt even try 36grit. unless there is an awful lot to remove, i normally shape/knockdown with 100-120. foam sanding blocks seem to work well for curved surfaces, you may want to try them to help blend the hull and cap.

IndianaTahiti
    good info thanks fellas

I recommend a two foot oak board or any other hardwood, roughly 3" wide for a nice cap line, keeps shitz clean and smooth, dont really like using marglass, i am fond of using cabosyl mixed with a little gel or resin as a filler!
    BTW i use 36 grit any chance i get, i dont care for sanding much these days, and the filler will fill any of the 36g scratches upon finish.
    Just a little more input for you.
    Todd

IndianaTahiti
    I recommend a two foot oak board or any other hardwood, roughly 3" wide for a nice cap line, keeps shitz clean and smooth, dont really like using marglass, i am fond of using cabosyl mixed with a little gel or resin as a filler!
    BTW i use 36 grit any chance i get, i dont care for sanding much these days, and the filler will fill any of the 36g scratches upon finish.
    Just a little more input for you.
    Todd
    I hear ya,I have never seen cabosyl where do ya find it? How much can you build this up safely? How bout them COLTS !!!!!!:devil:

YeLLowBoaT
    What ever you do, don't use any filler that has talc in it. I recomend using micro ballons and light weight resin for filler.