Thread: Prop Shaft

wright on
    Okay every one, I know it was a mistake to begin with, but I ran my boat with a bunch of jet boats in Potholes, eastern washington. Why, Well because Im stubborn and I wont give in to buying a jet. Water conditions were pretty shallow. I navigated my boat to the cove. And beached it and kicked back and watched some 90+ mile an hour jet boats burn up all their high octane fuel. :sleeping: But at end of day wind picked up and I didnt navigate the sandbars very well and bent my prop shaft heading back to the dock Can some one please point me in the right direction in contacting someone to get this fixed. Its a 78 sanger mini day cruiser. Prop looks okay, but will probably have it looked at too. Dont make me buy a jet I dont want to. Thanks

sanger ss396
    come see circle jerk this next weekend at cascade park in moses lake. we will be having boat race's there on the 15th and 16th. we will be pitted at the boat launch. after boyd checks out your prop shaft and gives you the good or bad news i would contact. www.menkensvdrives.com talk to tom he can set you up if you need a new prop shaft. he is a excellent source for v-drive items on the west side of the USA. look forward to seeing you there.

wright on
    Thanks for the invite, Alot of people are actually talking about attending that 15th and 16th event. I will ask for the weekend off those dates and drag the boat over for viewing. As thats all its good for right now.

Racey
    Glenwood for K-Monel 500 shafts <-These are our preference for strength
    Rex for Aquamet Shafts
    Bergeron i believe sells Aquamet too
    If you are just looking for a stocker style stainless shaft Glenwood has those as well.

wright on
    Does any body have someone close buy that takes on projects like prop shaft replacement? , Maybe a clean fiberglass floor touched up? wiring with new guages? I have a bad ground somewhere that I havent been able to trace, it trips the circuit breaker about 5 minutes into running? . just trying to line out getting the boat looking flawless for next season. its had a bad luck year. Im in western washington

sanger ss396
    the jerk will be there and he will be an excellent one for u to talk to. see u there. larry ss396

palhal
    Get your prop shaft from Menkens V-Drives in Auburn, CA. It is the real Aqua-Met made in the USA. All the other people mentioned in this thread use the Imported Italian copy of the Agua-met.----PALHAL