Thread: American Reliable Insurance Co.

Wozencraft
    For the past year American Reliable Insurance Co. has offered policies for performance boats, including Cat-hulls, 26' or greater, and up to 130 mph. I am proud to say our agency has been one of the top producers of this performance program. Just yesterday I received a call from the insurance company informing us of some enhancements to their program. I wanted to share this news with my current clients and to anyone considering purchasing a performance boat, or possibly looking for a better insurance deal. Here are the enhancements:
    Hull Values insured to $500,000 (Agreed Value only)
    Liability Coverage to $500,000
    Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Coverage to $500,000
    If you are a current client with Wozencraft Insurance and would like to increase or make any changes to your coverage, please contact us.
    If you have your insurance elsewhere and are interested to find out what we could offer, please allow us the opportunity to work up some numbers and shoot over a proposal.
    Or, if you have any general questions feel free to ask them here in this thread.
    Orange County: 714-263-2626
    Lake Havasu, AZ: 928-680-6801
    email: dwozencraft@farmersagent.com
    We feel these enhancements will further allow us to meet our clients needs. Often times our clients need $500,000 of Liability coverage in order to include there boat onto there Umbrella policy. This should not be a problem any longer. There have been other times we could not insure a boat for its full value on the hull & motors. Now with a $500,000 limit, this too should allow for a greater number of boats we can insure.
    Thank you for your business or any opportunities in the future.
    Devin Wozencraft

John.
    Hey Devin,
    can you just make my insurance cost a little less? how about a free bump up to $500k coverage so my umbrella covers it? actually, don't really need it for this year since its pretty much over, but will be nice to have that added coverage for next year.

Blacksheep
    HI Devin
    I sent you and email but thought I would post a message here too.
    I am selling my 2005 Ultra 27 Shadow to a gentlemen in MO (hopefully but not a done deal yet). My boat has the Ilmor V-10 550HP and currently tops out about 83-84 mph. My insurance is currently through AllState and I have not had a problem getting insurance.
    The guy buying my boat is 62 with a clean driving record. He has called about 6 insurance agencies with no luck. He finally called an AllState agent and said yes we can insure you. A couple days later they dropped him. He is currently looking for insurance and I was hoping you might be able to help him. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -Jeff

andy01
    HI Devin
    I sent you and email but thought I would post a message here too.
    I am selling my 2005 Ultra 27 Shadow to a gentlemen in MO (hopefully but not a done deal yet). My boat has the Ilmor V-10 550HP and currently tops out about 83-84 mph. My insurance is currently through AllState and I have not had a problem getting insurance.
    The guy buying my boat is 62 with a clean driving record. He has called about 6 insurance agencies with no luck. He finally called an AllState agent and said yes we can insure you. A couple days later they dropped him. He is currently looking for insurance and I was hoping you might be able to help him. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -Jeff
    I will just touch on this a bit but let Devin finish it up..... I don't want him getting all crazy for posting in his section..... j/k
    Up to recent a lot of agents had good working relationships with certain underwriters. I am not saying State Farm, Farms, AAA or any other company, just insurance company's/agents in general. They could send a cat over to a certain underwriter and it was done....... no questions, no body was none the wiser and the customer was happy. They could just say "John Doe" has been with us for 15 years and has his house, company, car bla bla bla with us and I would like to keep his business. Underwriting didn't really care and wanted to keep the customer happy for the agent they are friends with. Well time goes by and the underwriters start looking at all the boats that come through from loses or claims, their boss's say "no cats" so underwriting says "okay". Well here you are today, a boat that may have gone unnoticed two years ago will get stopped and kicked back today. Some agents don't even know what a cat is. Or underwriting by name, but once they see the picture they know forsure it's not a v bottom they insure on a regular basis and they kick it back. I know two agents that could get 25 Daytonas with 1,000 hp done all day long. Everything writen on the policy, those same agents today can no longer do it.
    Just something I learned..... I am sure Devin will also explain it.
    Andy

ElimJimsOtherHalf
    Will any insurance company ever jump down that extra 12 inches and offer a reasonable price?

andy01
    Will any insurance company ever jump down that extra 12 inches and offer a reasonable price?
    Yes there are companys now that offer rats on 25' Daytona, "Reasonable" is the relative term here. There are some new programs out there as of this year. If you would like a qoute let us know.
    Andy