Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best off the shelp holley dominator??

IMPATIENT 1
    guys , i'm sellin my blower stuff and goin back to nitrous, so i want to run a single carb. what's the best dominator holley p# for outta box performance? i don't wanna be buyin plugs all the time cause its idle rich.
    i can tune 4150's pretty easily but i've got 0% experience with dominators. any advise would be appreciated.trying to keep the carb price in the 600-700 range. is their another company like proform building a better dominator than holley near my price range?? don't wanna spend a shit load, rather spend more on the nitrous set-up(retards, fuel cell, pumps, etc.).

DMOORE
    Holy smokes. I thought you just got that blower set up runnin'. Why the change? How about some nitrous on the blower?
    Darrell.

IMPATIENT 1
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1188941997Holy smokes. I thought you just got that blower set up runnin'. Why the change? How about some nitrous on the blower?
    Darrell.
    i blew a finger sized hole thru my block in the cam gallery saturday doin test & tuning. it filled the block with water super fast but i shut down before anything got hurt. my guess is the block layed on its bellhousing with alittle moisture in it for a few yrs, cause there's no cracks to be found. everything rotating assembly wise is still in new shape, gonna sell the balanced all eagle forged/srp flat blower pistons set=up for 1200.00 add a grand and build a small stroked nitrous motor.already sold the blower set-up and tommorrow i'll order my 2 stage kit , dominator and intake.

MACHINEHEAD
    If you are going to drive it around ( pleasure ) dont get a 3 circuit. They are real chuby at part throttle on a N/A engine. PN 8082 is a 2 circuit 1050 and 7320 for the 1150 $750 and $850. Both are awsome out of the box. But could use a little dyno time to really get it perf.

BOOGEYMAN
    Damn man I remember you saying this when you got the blown set up going........
    quote: let me just say this loud "__CK NITROUS, I'LL NEVER TOUCH THE STUFF AGAIN NOW THAT I'VE WENT BLOWN " quote:

good luck with your new set up man!!
    Travis

IMPATIENT 1
    Damn man I remember you saying this when you got the blown set up going........
    quote: let me just say this loud "__CK NITROUS, I'LL NEVER TOUCH THE STUFF AGAIN NOW THAT I'VE WENT BLOWN " quote:

good luck with your new set up man!!
    Travis
    LMAO i knew at some point i was gonna eat those words lol
    dude, every blower boat at our local "meet" lake got handed its ass this summer by a 350hp shot tx-19 with a decent 546, and there's no way i can build anything close to those blown boats, so i'm gonna do it the easy way go with gobs of nitrous way more than 350

BIGCHRIS
    LMAO i knew at some point i was gonna eat those words lol
    dude, every blower boat at our local "meet" lake got handed its ass this summer by a 350hp shot tx-19 with a decent 546, and there's no way i can build anything close to those blown boats, so i'm gonna do it the easy way go with gobs of nitrous way more than 350
    Tom sounds like you need to build a all out race boat not a lake boat .546 with nos these guys need to be at that track

hotbo
    Tom sounds like you need to build a all out race boat not a lake boat .546 with nos these guys need to be at that track
    not really he skis behind his tx-19 and also has a swim step platform on back,larry the chop helms boat is the one i believe tom is refering to.
    all dominators are contrary like said need some goos dyn time to tune.or could do what we did had biggs carbs set ours up on dads boat,1050 and that thing will idle all day runs excellent snappy throttl response and so forth worth the money.

Warp Speed
    not really he skis behind his tx-19 and also has a swim step platform on back,larry the chop helms boat is the one i believe tom is refering to.
    all dominators are contrary like said need some goos dyn time to tune.or could do what we did had biggs carbs set ours up on dads boat,1050 and that thing will idle all day runs excellent snappy throttl response and so forth worth the money.
    Chop + TX-19 + N2O = One FAST "family" boat!!!!! :jawdrop:
    Warp Speed

BOOGEYMAN
    Talk to Patrick at pro systems carbs he is the best when it comes to nitrous carbs. You can give him exactly what your set up is and what you are looking for and he can wet flow it before he ships it and its all ready to go!!
    Travis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast