Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: West LA VA Land

ULTRA26 # 1
    Seems Republicans are upset that a Democrat is trying to block the sale of Govt VA property worth four billion dollars. The anger appears to a result of a VA funding issue.
    Seems to me that the VA should be funded first and that this Country should not be selling it's land, to fund a war.
    If everyone believes so deeply in this war, than why not support a WAR TAX to fund it. It make more sense than selling off more of this Country's assets.
    Just my opinion.

never_fast_enuf
    Better yet, why not cut entitlement programs to pay for the war AND put more of our own money back into our pockets?
    Government waste alone could pay for this war and more. Why is it that the left's first answer is to always take more of Americans hard earned money out of their pockets?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Better yet, why not cut entitlement programs to pay for the war AND put more of our own money back into our pockets?
    Government waste alone could pay for this war and more. Why is it that the left's first answer is to always take more of Americans hard earned money out of their pockets?
    With all that money you're making, I didn't figure you would even notice an additional $500 annually to fund the war and/or the VA. Your party has been in power for nearly 7 years, and where are the spending cuts? The cuts that could pay for the war. Tax cuts and increased spending don't work. Little to do with left or right. just a fact.

never_fast_enuf
    With all that money you're making, I didn't figure you would even notice an additional $500 annually to fund the war and/or the VA. Your party has been in power for nearly 7 years, and where are the spending cuts? The cuts that could pay for the war. Tax cuts and increased spending don't work. Little to do with left or right. just a fact.
    Right off the bat you insert your emotions and feelings instead of dealing with the facts. Well done.
    Now, why is it that the very first thing a lib like you proposes is raising taxes when in fact, the PRIME function of our government is protecting the country...
    Again, how about we cut much of the BS social cradle to grave programs, demand an end to government waste and then we fund the war, the VA benefits AND we get to keep more of our hard earned money?
    Sure sounds like a win win for everyone.

never_fast_enuf
    Right off the bat you insert your emotions and feelings instead of dealing with the facts. Well done.
    Now, why is it that the very first thing a lib like you proposes is raising taxes when in fact, the PRIME function of our government is protecting the country...
    Again, how about we cut much of the BS social cradle to grave programs, demand an end to government waste and then we fund the war, the VA benefits AND we get to keep more of our hard earned money?
    Sure sounds like a win win for everyone.
    One more item...I have made it very clear that I am not happy with the spending of the republicans. That being said, it pales in comparison to what the democrats want to spend. I also noticed you failed to mention the record revenue ( tax receipts) the government has flowing in.
    Your team is in charge now...can you point out the spending cuts they are asking for??? Other than defunding our soldiers of course.

ULTRA26 # 1
    One more item...I have made it very clear that I am not happy with the spending of the republicans. That being said, it pales in comparison to what the democrats want to spend. I also noticed you failed to mention the record revenue ( tax receipts) the government has flowing in.
    Your team is in charge now...can you point out the spending cuts they are asking for??? Other than defunding our soldiers of course.
    Ya think that the record revenue might be related to the spending?
    I'm not on a team right now. When I join one I will let you know. I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to defund our soldiers Thought you only dealt with facts.
    BTW, have you ever thought about a single post response?

never_fast_enuf
    Ya think that the record revenue might be related to the spending?
    I'm not on a team right now. When I join one I will let you know. I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to defund our soldiers Thought you only dealt with facts.
    BTW, have you ever thought about a single post response?
    I keep it separated so you can keep up.
    I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to defund our soldiers
    Evidently, you don't pay attention to current events then. Just about every democrat in office has advocated doing just that. I can't help it if you don't like the facts but they are what they are. Pretty sure you will continue to ignore them though.
    As for you "not being on a team"...what an odd statement for you to make when you clearly support the democrat agenda, the democrat stance on just about every issue as well as the democrat presidential candidates.
    At least be honest about your affiliation.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I keep it separated so you can keep up.
    I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to defund our soldiers
    Evidently, you don't pay attention to current events then. Just about every democrat in office has advocated doing just that. I can't help it if you don't like the facts but they are what they are. Pretty sure you will continue to ignore them though.
    As for you "not being on a team"...what an odd statement for you to make when you clearly support the democrat agenda, the democrat stance on just about every issue as well as the democrat presidential candidates.
    At least be honest about your affiliation.
    No need to be condescending.
    There has been no move to stop funding the soldiers.
    I am a registered Democrat.

eliminatedsprinter
    It's all just a theoretical debate. The V.A. Doesn't even really own the land WLA is on. It was willed to the VA in the 1880s by for use only for veterans. If it is sold for use other than by veterans the whole property reverts back to his heirs. The VA has been trying to find a way to sell off some of that land (they have way more than they can use there) for at least 30 years (including under the Clinton administration) the only thing that is different about this latest attempt is that the press decided to give it more coverage this time.

ULTRA26 # 1
    It's all just a theoretical debate. The V.A. Doesn't even really own the land WLA is on. It was willed to the VA by Sawtell for use only for veterans. If it is sold for use other than by veterans the whole property reverts back to his heirs. The VA has been trying to find a way to sell off some of that land (they have way more than they can use there) for at least 30 years (including under the Clinton administration) the only thing that is different about this latest attempt is that the press decided to give it more coverage this time.
    Thnaks for for the info.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast