Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: West LA VA Land

'75 Miller
    Believe it or not, the building of such centers has actually increased under the Bush Administration.
    No it hasn't, you lie, you're a liar, why would you lie? Bush is the devil. He's never done anything good...never. Bush is a war criminal, this war is illegal, blah blah, boo hoo.
    Sorry, but you just said something good about Bush, so it's likely that some whinning and ridiculous statements are soon to follow. Just thought I'd get 'em outta the way.

eliminatedsprinter

No it hasn't, you lie, you're a liar, why would you lie? Bush is the devil. He's never done anything good...never. Bush is a war criminal, this war is illegal, blah blah, boo hoo.
    Sorry, but you just said something good about Bush, so it's likely that some whinning and ridiculous statements are soon to follow. Just thought I'd get 'em outta the way.
    I don't think they will. Most people (liberals included) remember how universal the veterans dislike for the Clinton administration was. Many even remember that dislike was well earned.
    It is a simple fact that the Clinton years were very very hard on the VA. I do wish that our homeless facility was schedualed for completion before 2009. Because Hillery was no friend of the VA (ie she was involved in getting our Gulf war syndrome programs cancelled) and I fear she might cut it before it is completed.

'75 Miller
    Because Hillery was no friend of the VA (ie she was involved in getting our Gulf war syndrome programs cancelled) and I fear she might cut it before it is completed.
    From here bought and paid-for senate seat? Do you believe she's got a snowball's chance in hell at the Presidency? I don't.

eliminatedsprinter
    From here bought and paid-for senate seat? Do you believe she's got a snowball's chance in hell at the Presidency? I don't.
    I wish I was as sure as you are. The republician field is pretty pathetic and I'm not sure the primaries will even produce their most electable challenger.
    If the dems are smart enough to put together a Hillery/Obama ticket and the repubs are dumb enough to put either Thompson or Romney with some dough faced unknown white guy, the repubs just might get spanked. Esp if VP Cheny stays in office much longer and the Bush administation misses out on the chance to make popular history by putting Sec Rice in the VP's seat. That is an obvious way they could improve the republician image. One thing I've noticed about today's republicians is they never miss an oppertunity to miss an oppertunity. Just look at how they squandered their oppertunity to fully lead from 2000-2006. Are any of the Bush tax cuts perminant? Is the federal government smaller? Some could say they got power and started acting ALMOST like a bunch of dems......

ULTRA26 # 1
    I know my job would be easier if there was a good homeless vet center at my facility. There is supposed to be one here by 2009. We had an out pt homeless program, but it was cut out as part of "Mr Gore's 7 year plan for reinventing the VA". Believe it or not, the building of such centers has actually increased under the Bush Administration.
    ES,
    Thanks. I agree that we need to get centers built where needed and keep them funded.

eliminatedsprinter
    ES,
    Thanks. I agree that we need to get centers built where needed and keep them funded.
    They are needed everywhere. Every VA should at least have a small program. That way the existing programs wouldn't be so stressed and the NIMBYs wouldn't have to worry as much about them attracting too many more homeless people to their neighborhoods.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Government waste alone could pay for this war and more. Why is it that the left's first answer is to always take more of Americans hard earned money out of their pockets?
    Because you are too selfish and stupid to be entrusted to spend it properly, so it must be taken from you so the govt. can spend it correctly, where it should be spent, according to the govt.

SmokinLowriderSS
    With all that money you're making, I didn't figure you would even notice an additional $500 annually to fund the war and/or the VA.
    Just where does it STOP?
    Another $20 a year to study the sex life of a certain zooplankton?
    Another $50 a year to buy and maintain ANOTHER national park?
    Another $10 a year to pay for another congressional pay raise?
    Another $1000 a year to prop up a failed govt giveaway program?
    Another $3,000 a year for "free" medical care?
    This is the exact gun controll arguement. Incremental reason.
    A bite here, a tiny bite there, another bite over here next time, another bite over here, eventually, the whole pizza is gone, given away piece by piece.
    Where is the line to say "NO MORE!" ?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I'm not on a team right now. When I join one I will let you know.?
    "OUR TEAM has been in charge for 7 years", and will be gone, to your great glee in 2008, yet "You don't have a team".
    Good god, talk about speaking from both sides of your mouth.
    I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to defund our soldiers Thought you only dealt with facts.
    You pay absolutely ZERO attention to the activities and plans of the congress, don't you. THAT much is blatantly abvious.
    Just about every one of the democrats in power were trying to run the soldiers out, and dear John Murtha, the gutless one without the balls to direc tly defund the troops, has TRIEDE to put in restrictions on funding, involving equipment readiness levels.
    Fail to meet the requirement of available equipment, fail to get funding for train ing AND deployments.
    A LOT of equipment is positioned in the desert, used by all units rotating in and out of there, which they DO NOT HAVE on hand, since it is over there.
    That is gutless BACKHAND de-funding the soldiers.
    I listened to a recording of his OWN WORDS describing it. He sure thought it was a good idea, then it became public knowledge (well, to those who pay attention anyway.)
    You'd have to pay attention to be aware of this tho.
    That or "investigate".:idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    No need to be condescending.
    There has been no move to stop funding the soldiers. .
    WRONG!
    I am a registered Democrat.
    Thought "You don't have a team". :idea:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast