Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PORT WORK

TIMEBOMB
    Does anyone know where on the west coast I can get a 2.4L exhaust chest ported? And also who makes a good set of aftermarket heads for the same motor? I had a set of 150 heads but they got trashed when a couple of piston ring locating pins came out. Thanks, Gary

HavasuDreamin'
    Dick Sherrer Marine out of Downey, CA. Does good work. You would want Ed Lane to work on the motor.
    I would also trust Lakeland out of LHC.....which is closer to you. Good Luck!

TIMEBOMB
    I have already dealt with Richie over at Lakeland and have no complaints. He helped me out quite a bit with the internals for the motor I am running now. Thanks for the info. Gary.

simon
    I do alot of port work on v6 mercs.You can check out my website at www.simonmotorsports.com I have a shop in southern ca. 619-445-7628 Thanks, Eric Simon

O.B eddie
    Richie does great work even does nos..!!

TIMEBOMB
    Thanks again, Gary.

STV_Keith
    I sent my 2.4 BP EFI to Jim Ruck. He ported the exhaust chest, modified the rod slots and finger ports. Also did a few sleeves (which is why it was there in the first place).
    Pics are at http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/new-motor
    I also have a set of 1-piece 2.4 Hemi heads for sale. Originally cut to 35cc by JSRE (so they look pretty), then cut by Ruck to 33cc, but have never been run since. I want $250 for those.
    [ January 24, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: STV_Keith ]

TIMEBOMB
    Keith
    The link for speedcraving would not come up. I might be interested in the heads. Are they the 1 piece foam cast type? My heads right now are milled to about 33 cc. If you can give me the number of who did all your machine work. This is 1 of my extra powerheads so I am in no hurry to get it done. Thanks, Gary
    [ January 28, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: TIMEBOMB ]

STV_Keith
    Server was down due to the SQL worm thing. Back up now. Yes, they are 1 piece, hemi heads, cut to 33cc. Here's the pics though:

HavasuDreamin'
    Those are sharp looking heads. What kind of compression did you get out of 33cc heads? I run 26cc with a stock gasket and get around 150 psi.
    Timebomb.........if you don't buy Keith's heads, I would highly recommend checking out the JSRE website. You can find a link over at scream & fly.
    www.screamandfly.com
    I did some lurking (mostly) on the scream & fly board and the guys from JSRE (Jay Smith Racing Engines) really seem to know what they are doing. I was highly impressed. They are out of Texas, but ship all over. Good Luck
    [ January 28, 2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast