Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PORT WORK

STV_Keith
    The 33cc heads should yield about 140# of compression. They were originally cut by JSRE to 35cc, which is why the backs are cut flush. They were later recut to 33cc by Jim Ruck, and have never been back on a motor.

TIMEBOMB
    I have looked at Jsre before, but I have had bad luck with shipping out of state. Not with them just a place out of Florida. Thanks again, Gary.

TIMEBOMB
    Keith
    Hey I am probably going to need those heads. I roasted my motor in Parker this weekend and the lh head is all banged up. The throttle came loose at the block and I lost timing control and the motor detonated, got hot, and the locating pin in the rings came loose and the ring came apart. Damaged the head and torn a groove in the cylinder wall. burningm Luckily I have another block ready to go and will just need the heads. Send me an email with all the details and I get you some money. I have a good friend that lives in Vegas and should be able get the heads and money to you. Thanks Gary.

STV_Keith
    Man, sorry to hear that Gary. Actually, those heads are gone now, but call Kevin over at R&R Prop Shop. I know he has several sets around his shop. 702-564-7502.

TIMEBOMB
    Eric
    Sent you an email, Gary.

sam pioske
    HavasuDreamin':
    Dick Sherrer Marine out of Downey, CA. Does good work. You would want Ed Lane to work on the motor.
    I would also trust Lakeland out of LHC.....which is closer to you. Good Luck!

sam pioske
    sam pioske:
    HavasuDreamin':
    Dick Sherrer Marine out of Downey, CA. Does good work. You would want Ed Lane to work on the motor.
    I would also trust Lakeland out of LHC.....which is closer to you. Good Luck! I agree highly Lakeland marine could do a fabulous job. The west coast Mercury engineer/rep.tore down completely and re-assembled twice an engine for me.Still ran poorly ! Five minutes at Lakeland , it ran perfect...and did until I sold it. My .02 cents ..

You Te
    Hey HavasuDreamin,
    Just to let you know ED Lane passed away about 1-1/2 years ago. frown

DUCKY
    John Marles' shop is in So Cal. He is a Mod-U racer, a very talented engine builder, and great guy to deal with. He goes by "US1" on www.screamandfly.com

Boat Racer
    I'd recommend a gent. but he's in Ky.. As for the heads, I like, LAND-N-SEA, my-self... I have a set of 26cc dual-plug heads on a 2.4 BP, and a set of single plug on a 2.5..... Have had no problems, and have many hours on them!!!
    My 2 cents worth!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast