Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07 superduty?

jet4fun
    anyone heard any info on the new 07's... heard they should be out in about 9 or 10 mos... supposedly getting a bigger motor (6.6 liter?) and complete cab redesign (not just a grille, headlights and bumper). even heard a rumor about twin turbo... all rumors and lies, or what?
    just wondering, trying to plan ahead i guess.
    thanks, robert

victorfb
    saw the new F550s and they come with a coil front end. i prefer the leaf springs, but ford has been using the coils quite a bit with good success. didnt get to see the engine sorry. just heard the same rumors. though i think the twin turbo was only on the deisel in case you didnt know.

Just Tool'n
    I heard new motor for 07, twin turbo cat.
    If sales are lagging, you might see buy summer is my guess.

shadow
    Doing away with the 6.0 diesel and next is going to be a 6.4 diesel.
    There has been nothing but problems with the 6.0

Big Kahunaa
    I have a buddy that drives for ford and he has driven the twin turbo truck so they are comming mabey

Nubbs
    There has been nothing but problems with the 6.0
    I ain't gonna argue with you and say there aren't any issues with the 6.0, but, my issues have been corrected and I love mine. I'm not sure if this fits the topic of the thread or not, I just felt like saying it.
    Nubbs

cc322
    Here is the real deal from the horse's mouth
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK yes it is a 6.4 L (Navistar) engine yes it is also twin turbo (Borgwaner Turbo) one high pressure and one low pressure turbo. This way they do not need the variable vane model turbos less to go wrong. Most likely it will be (Late 07 because they are having to work out bugs and it has taken allot longer then planned. Thats the scoop and trust me I know because we built all of the tooling for the new turbos.

jet4fun
    saw the new F550s and they come with a coil front end. i prefer the leaf springs, but ford has been using the coils quite a bit with good success. didnt get to see the engine sorry. just heard the same rumors. though i think the twin turbo was only on the deisel in case you didnt know.
    i am talking about the diesel, and i am aware that ford is now using coil springs on the superduty's... i am asking about the 2007 f-250 and 350 that hasnt come out yet

jet4fun
    Here is the real deal from the horse's mouth
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK yes it is a 6.4 L (Navistar) engine yes it is also twin turbo (Borgwaner Turbo) one high pressure and one low pressure turbo. This way they do not need the variable vane model turbos less to go wrong. Most likely it will be (Late 07 because they are having to work out bugs and it has taken allot longer then planned. Thats the scoop and trust me I know because we built all of the tooling for the new turbos.
    sounds sweeet, i was hoping to not have to wait that long, but i dont want to deal with any problems, so maybe thats a good thing.

02HoWaRd26
    Fricken
    Oakies
    Really
    Digem

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast