Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07 superduty?

slingingsmoke
    there will not be a Cummins motor in the Ford Superduty for many years to come... Dodge still has the contract w/ Cummins until 2012. And Ford is locked in with Navistar/International. The 6.0 motor is an awesome workhorse, its the darn electrical (computer, wiring harnesses and sensors) that Ford designed is the problem. However, most of the issues have been resolved. Mine were. anyway....the new motor is going to be a 6.4 liter V-8. however its not a "twin-turbo"....read carefully!!!!
    a twin turbo setup is when there is one turbo for each bank of cylinders. meaning one turbo for 4 cylinders and another for the other 4. The turbos on a twin setup are mounted separately on opposite sides of the motor....
    the "DUAL-TURBO" set up is what Ford will be using on the new 6.4's. They are designed to be in-line. One smaller turbo will spool up first and being that it is smaller, will spool up faster and load the larger turbo (which takes longer to spool up) for faster accelleration, much less lag, and hopefully provide a better air/fuel mixture which will aid in the HP dept. as well as mileage (hopefully). All this and getting rid of the VVT (variable vein turbo).
    Back to the 6.0 vs. the 6.4
    It most likely be the same block, yet bored a bit and/or given a longer stroke, However, I believe that it will be only bored, due to the fact that the 6.0 was designed to operate at higher RPM's, if it will get stroked, most likely the powerband will be at a lower RPM.
    whewwww.

riverroyal
    Doing away with the 6.0 diesel and next is going to be a 6.4 diesel.
    There has been nothing but problems with the 6.0
    heats up while towing,,new banks 4 inch with 3.5 down pipe,made no difference at all,,,oh well,its under warranty

Woodster
    heats up while towing,,new banks 4 inch with 3.5 down pipe,made no difference at all,,,oh well,its under warranty
    Hey Royal I finally got mine fixed. They changed out the instrument cluster and no more heating up so far..I guess the big test will be on thurs when im heading out to the dez. The tech told me that the truck never overheated. just the gauge cluster was over sensitive. Hopefully it does the trick :220v:

riverroyal
    Hey Royal I finally got mine fixed. They changed out the instrument cluster and no more heating up so far..I guess the big test will be on thurs when im heading out to the dez. The tech told me that the truck never overheated. just the gauge cluster was over sensitive. Hopefully it does the trick :220v:
    thats why they told me dont worry about it,let me know if it does it again.What dez are you going to?

Reaper1
    there will not be a Cummins motor in the Ford Superduty for many years to come... Dodge still has the contract w/ Cummins until 2012. And Ford is locked in with Navistar/International. The 6.0 motor is an awesome workhorse, its the darn electrical (computer, wiring harnesses and sensors) that Ford designed is the problem. However, most of the issues have been resolved. Mine were. anyway....the new motor is going to be a 6.4 liter V-8. however its not a "twin-turbo"....read carefully!!!!
    a twin turbo setup is when there is one turbo for each bank of cylinders. meaning one turbo for 4 cylinders and another for the other 4. The turbos on a twin setup are mounted separately on opposite sides of the motor....
    the "DUAL-TURBO" set up is what Ford will be using on the new 6.4's. They are designed to be in-line. One smaller turbo will spool up first and being that it is smaller, will spool up faster and load the larger turbo (which takes longer to spool up) for faster accelleration, much less lag, and hopefully provide a better air/fuel mixture which will aid in the HP dept. as well as mileage (hopefully). All this and getting rid of the VVT (variable vein turbo).
    Back to the 6.0 vs. the 6.4
    It most likely be the same block, yet bored a bit and/or given a longer stroke, However, I believe that it will be only bored, due to the fact that the 6.0 was designed to operate at higher RPM's, if it will get stroked, most likely the powerband will be at a lower RPM.
    whewwww.
    Great Info. !
    I have a 2006 6.0 with no problems so far. It has 10,000 miles on it and I have only towed my boat once. In my opinion this truck runs like a monkey with his nuts on fire.

Woodster
    thats why they told me dont worry about it,let me know if it does it again.What dez are you going to?
    Where heading out to Gordons..My trailer weighs like 14k loaded so it should be a pretty good test Are u heading out??

riverroyal
    Where heading out to Gordons..My trailer weighs like 14k loaded so it should be a pretty good test Are u heading out??
    not sure yet,maybe gordons,,,my trailers about 15k loaded,never went below 45mph going or coming home.You will be fine.Gordons maybe be just a bit crowded...Magic34 has a spot for us if we go there.Our glamis crowd bailed out,they dont like the crowds.So now we are tossing around some ideas.I havent been to gordons in 15 years

Woodster
    not sure yet,maybe gordons,,,my trailers about 15k loaded,never went below 45mph going or coming home.You will be fine.Gordons maybe be just a bit crowded...Magic34 has a spot for us if we go there.Our glamis crowd bailed out,they dont like the crowds.So now we are tossing around some ideas.I havent been to gordons in 15 years
    Let me know if u head out..We'll be out in the flats somewhere. I hear its already packed :220v:

riverroyal
    Let me know if u head out..We'll be out in the flats somewhere. I hear its already packed :220v:
    I drove by,it was stupid

Woodster
    I drove by,it was stupid
    Halloween was really bad..Thanksgiving was ok. Not so bad. I have some buddies out there right now and I guess its getting pretty packed already. Im leaving in the morning. Wish me luck

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast