Thread: I'd like more room

H2OT TIMES
    I'm not really sure where to ask this question but, at least you guys have props. I have a 26 ft Sleekcraft daycruiser and it has no more (walking around room ) for lack of a better term, than my 19 Ft. had. I bought it with a cracked block and broken outdrive so I threw all of that out and now I have basically an empty hull. The seats were shot so they went away also. Now to get to my actual question. I know that if you throw enough money at it anything is possible but would it make any sense to install what I think is called a "direct drive" in it? By that I mean the kind of setup you would find in a Ski Natique, or some such Ski Boat ? I'm just thinking that with the engine sort of centered there would be more room since you would have gained some in what used to be the engine compartment. Or would the prop be too far forward of the transom. The boat originally had a mercuiser outdrive but I really don't like I/O's.

palhal
    Patch up the backend hole and put a v-drive in it. It will perform much better than a mid engine any day. You will have a little more money in it but it would be worth more also.----PALHAL