Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's been to kauai?

PaPaG
    Get a refund and go to MAUI!!!!!!!!!!
    Didn't you buy a few hundred yards of beach front in Maui? there goes D. Trumping again....

Steamin' Rice
    If you are water skiers, then you should look into skiing on the Wailea river - My wife and I did this on our honeymoon and it was great - People don't realize that there's freshwater river to ski on in Hawaii.
    http://www.hawaii.com/visit/kauai/ac...es/waterskiing
    I think there's only one boat who pulls skiers, so you'll have the water to yourself.

H4215
    Craig - Awesome job! Keep it up and pretty soon you'll be Kanaka!! Please tell your wife "Hello" and how is your family progressing?

lewiville
    make it a priority to have ice cream every day ( and coffee ) Lamberts. Its a must. You can find them in Old Town Town Kola.

H4215
    Lapperts Ice Cream is actually made there on Kauai.

lewiville
    oh yeah forgot one thing. Bubba's aahhhh its ok. you might run into some poeple that tell ya you "have to go to Bubba's". if your in town, try it.

OnlyMoney
    Since everyone's giving their 2 cents, I'll play along.
    Been to Kauai 5 times now and just booked trip #6 for Sept 08. Princeville is where we stay and is the closest place to Hanalei. You're on the right side of the island, the jungle/green side. Kauai is a pretty sleepy island, but you can find the parties. The Dolphin restaurant in Hanalei is where we eat dinner on the first and last night of our trips. Kinda like people go to Mama's on Maui (that's our other favorite trip). On the Hanalei river, kinda indoor/outdoor and wonderful. They also have the best mai tai's hands down. It's so good that you CANNOT order a double due to the high alcohol content. Fresh ahi and just about any other fish (they added a fish market about 5 years ago) or steaks. Killer salad choices too.
    Poipu is definitely where the "tourist" area is, but it's worth the drive. If you're missing the late night hang out feel, that's the place.
    Be sure to take the time to check out some waterfalls. They'll blow your mind. And since it does rain in the area you're staying almost daily...well, okay, it IS daily but it passes. Take a look up at the mountain range (don't remember the name) and you can count TONS of waterfalls every morning. That's usually what we do every morning...coffee and waterfalls.
    Can't wait to get there myself. Enjoy it!
    Oh and if you're going to a romantic time and want to shell out the $$, try the beach dining at the Princeville Resort. Probably about $300 these days, but there's nothing else like it. Got my first ring there and it was one of the "dates" on The Bachelor.

C-2
    Craig - Awesome job! Keep it up and pretty soon you'll be Kanaka!! Please tell your wife "Hello" and how is your family progressing?
    What is up bruddah? Long time, no hear from. Glad to see you're still around.
    I told Mel hello and the family is doing great....in fact, got a bun in the oven again. Four years of unexplained infertility, and now I only need to look at the wifey and she ends up preggos. :sqeyes:
    Hope you and your family are doing good - you still in So Cal?
    And to keep this thread on track...
    MBlaster - also pick up some IZ while there, or at least give a listen online (Israel Kamakiwo' ole, IZ for short. Try Hawaii 78', Somewhere Over the Rainbow and White Sandy Beach, you can find them on youtube). One listen to Somewhere Over the Rainbow and you'll be hooked.
    My little girlie, sunset and a rainbow at Ke'E beach...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...141_Small_.JPG

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    I just got back a week or so ago. I stayed at the Marriott in Lihue. It was killer. A couple of notes on the place:
    The Fern Grotto is toast. Don't waste your time.
    The ride to the canyon is great. Yes there is traffic but you are in Kauai and shouldn't be in a hurry to get anywhere.
    The Beachhouse Restaurant in Poipu is killer. Hands down my favorite. Make some reservations. Also for an easy lunch is Brennecke's Beach Broiler. Take the time to see the Spouting Horn (about 30 seconds of entertainment)...
    Be sure to do a sunset cruise. A few Sneaky Tiki's and the right weather make for a perfect pre-dinner activity!!!
    Drive down to the end of the road beach past Princeville. hit the caves as mentioned. But get there early. We got there after noon and couldn't get a place to park within a mile. It was VERY BUSY down there.
    Oh, and don't forget to re-fi your house before you go. You'll need the dough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123