Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Educate me - Impeller size

Squirtin Thunder
    My new recovery boat will have a 9.5" impeller and a slightly modified BBF with a peek RPM of 4K this way it can tow anything and almost idel up river if I were to choose to do so. It will be able to tow the heaviest barge up river when current is at max flow 10mph. The big Blue River Jets boat has two pumps pushing two 9.5" impellers, they run to Havasu everyday and anyone who runs the river out here knows that boat is a barge from hell.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I think you would be very happy with a MPD A impeller
    AGREED

Sleeper CP
    I would start with a AA and cut it down to a 1.5A if needed. I would not go smaller then an A.
    I would much rather go a little slower and save the motor, then go a little faster and blow it up.
    I'm not sure but I think he would like to see close to his redline from time to time. Will he be able to turn an AA past 4,700 r's.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

pw_Tony
    My new recovery boat will have a 9.5" impeller and a slightly modified BBF with a peek RPM of 4K this way it can tow anything and almost idel up river if I were to choose to do so. It will be able to tow the heaviest barge up river when current is at max flow 10mph. The big Blue River Jets boat has two pumps pushing two 9.5" impellers, they run to Havasu everyday and anyone who runs the river out here knows that boat is a barge from hell.
    Recovery boat? Do tell...:idea:

bp
    I'm not sure but I think he would like to see close to his redline from time to time. Will he be able to turn an AA past 4,700 r's.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    just hit the n2 button, no problem.
    you're better off staying under the curve, rather than trimming an impeller that might take you past the hp peak, especially if you're gonna use n2. with an a and a 200 shot, he should be picking up 300-400 rpm. i'd start with either an aa, or the 9.5, see where it lands.

YeLLowBoaT
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    I think it would be pretty close to 5k. I know he could spin a 1.5 AA to 5k.

Sleeper CP
    you're better off staying under the curve, rather than trimming an impeller that might take you past the hp peak, especially if you're gonna use n2. with an a and a 200 shot, he should be picking up 300-400 rpm. i'd start with either an aa, or the 9.5, see where it lands.
    He mentioned he had a 175HP system just sitting around, so I think he's up for that. I was going conservative on his HP numbers,because they are guesstimates off or a dynomation or simimular program. The engine hasn't been dyno'd and I'm not sure if he is going to run logs or headers in his day cruiser. Therefore, I'm not sure if he can get the numbers he is estimating.
    I too think a detailed A would be a good place to start.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

you're better off staying under the curve, rather than trimming an impeller that might take you past the hp peak, especially if you're gonna use n2.
    Are you saying you should stay under your peak HP/RPM "on motor" when on the bottle?

Sleeper CP
    Are you saying you should stay under your peak HP/RPM "on motor" when on the bottle?
    I have always wondered if you should over rev the engine when on the bottle or stay at or below. My Bro and I have always chosen to stay at or below the peak off the bottle rpm. It just seems to be easier on the valve train and other parts.
    Current engine revs to 7,000, should pull to 6,000- 6,100 off the bottle (MPD A) and pull to 6,800 on the juice. Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

7-800 rpm jump on the nitrous is alot, how much juice?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast