Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Educate me - Impeller size

Sleeper CP
    7-800 rpm jump on the nitrous is alot, how much juice?
    175 shot should take the engine to 1,100 hp.
    930 at 6,800 off the bottle plus 175 shot. Engine Rev'd out to 7,000 on dyno 935 HP.
    Edit: It should be stated that the above dyno #'s are corrected numbers, so more than likely at the river on a 105-110 degree day I will have to run at least a 200 shot if not a 250 shot to see the power and RPM increase I'm looking for. So it is currently jetted for a 200 shot with 5 degrees of retard for the next time out.
    Old system would take an Legand AA from 5,800 to 6,800 on a 250 HP Shot.
    That engine combo made 855 at 6,800, so the 250 shot would take it to 1,100 HP.
    Sleeper

speedymopars
    You sound like a true Mopar or no Car dude.... Nice
    I did buy a non mopar (mustang) once, and those years I learned to really appriciate the Mopar way of doing things. They do it like how I would do it, (esp in the engine department) and keeping everything separate. Easy intake manifold changes (no water or disti), external oil pump, water pump and systems isolated, easy windage tray install, mains tucked into the block for strength (add cross bolts for insane 7000+ HP strength), good oiling system, etc etc etc. Aftermarket blocks further improve on the design.
    The engine design is really good, let's face it the same design is still winning in all the top pro drag races. Throw in some Chevy rods, wrist pins and bearings instead of the Mopar ones (to lighten it up), make sure the cubes are up over 450 (small BBM's are too heavy for the cubes), throw away the alternator (which you could tell me was designed by Lucas and I'd believe you) and replace it with a GM Delco, and you have a perfect engine. IMHO of course
    Love this discussion, I'm learning a lot. Thanks.

bp
    Are you saying you should stay under your peak HP/RPM "on motor" when on the bottle?
    no, that's not what i said.

Old system would take an Legand AA from 5,800 to 6,800 on a 250 HP Shot.
    Dang I've never seen a 250 shot do anything like that.

Sleeper CP
    Dang I've never seen a 250 shot do anything like that.
    Remember it's an AA so the power curve is real steep. The impeller holds the engine back about 75 hp from it's peak so a 250 shot acts more like a 325 shot when you look at the power curve. (if that makes any since) The engine picks up the Nos power plus the additional power from the rpm gain.
    Best that I can explain it.
    Do you typically see a 400-600 increase?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
    Bump with edit:
    I too think a detailed A would be a good place to start. An A would turn 5,400 or so off the Nos and 5,800- 6,000 on the juice approx.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover[/QUOTE]

-XTC-
    On a 2 stage setup (175 1st and 150 2nd) - I saw an increase from 5800 to 6800 on a MPD detailed B.
    Darin

bp
    Remember it's an AA so the power curve is real steep. The impeller holds the engine back about 75 hp from it's peak so a 250 shot acts more like a 325 shot when you look at the power curve. (if that makes any since) The engine picks up the Nos power plus the additional power from the rpm gain.
    Best that I can explain it.
    Do you typically see a 400-600 increase?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    well, if you turned an AA 6800, you were turning it 200 rpm faster than we turned an mpd blueprinted A in risky business when we were setting all the pgj records. i'd guess, if you hold it down for 5 seconds, you're running around 120-125. good stuff for a gullwing.

Sleeper CP
    well, if you turned an AA 6800, you were turning it 200 rpm faster than we turned an mpd blueprinted A in risky business when we were setting all the pgj records. i'd guess, if you hold it down for 5 seconds, you're running around 120-125. good stuff for a gullwing.
    You have to remember it's a big old station wagon. Hull and pump only weigh in at 990 lbs. And then the open bow the air doesn't exactly like passing over it.
    I have learned in the past 90 days or so that MPDs' pumps are far more efficient than the typical blueprinted pump.
    If you would like to ride in a gullwing at 120 plus I'll stand back and watch you. Thank you very much
    Signi told me for years that he would love to seen our engine in a 450 lbs. hull and see how it performed.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

speedymopars
    You have to remember it's a big old station wagon. Hull and pump only weigh in at 990 lbs. And then the open bow the air doesn't exactly like passing over it.
    I have learned in the past 90 days or so that MPDs' pumps are far more efficient than the typical blueprinted pump.
    If you would like to ride in a gullwing at 120 plus I'll stand back and watch you. Thank you very much
    Signi told me for years that he would love to seen our engine in a 450 lbs. hull and see how it performed.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    OK, who is MPD, and how much for the kit?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast